Gwyn99
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm thinking of doing this one. Is anyone else going or knows what it's like?
Geoff21
(Member)
Just about to book this one to get away from it all over Christmas. Hopefully the weather will be kind, warm if not hot and looking forward to exploring the island instead of the same old rituals at this time of the year.Some friendly, fun companions would be nice!
jenboulton
(Member)
Hi Geoff,

I have booked this one too. This is my first with Just You but I have had some excellent holidays with Page and Moy in the past. The temperatures seem to be in the upper sixties during the day and upper fifties at night so that is great. Looking forwatd to meeting you. I am flying from Birmingham.

Jen

dsumbler
(Member)
Hi Geoff (and Jen, too!)

Are you Geoff from darkest Wales? I'm still waiting for those excellent photographs you took! I'd be really grateful if you could send them - I've never got any decent pictures of myself, and sometimes it's useful to have one or two.

Madeira was my first Just You holiday - in fact, I don't usually do the package holiday thing, and this was certainly my first solo holiday. I enjoyed it, although I was a bit dubious about it until the third day when the sun came out!

Would I do it again? - yes, probably at Christmas. I don't see me doing this sort of thing for a summer holiday.

Anyway, thanks to you both (and the other couple of dozen people there) for being a great crowd.

How's the recorder playing coming along, Jen?

David

Geoff21
(Member)
'dsumbler' wrote:

Hi Geoff (and Jen, too!)

Are you Geoff from darkest Wales? I'm still waiting for those excellent photographs you took! I'd be really grateful if you could send them - I've never got any decent pictures of myself, and sometimes it's useful to have one or two.

Madeira was my first Just You holiday - in fact, I don't usually do the package holiday thing, and this was certainly my first solo holiday. I enjoyed it, although I was a bit dubious about it until the third day when the sun came out!

Would I do it again? - yes, probably at Christmas. I don't see me doing this sort of thing for a summer holiday.

Anyway, thanks to you both (and the other couple of dozen people there) for being a great crowd.

How's the recorder playing coming along, Jen?

David

Hi David,

Just as soon as I can upload the many shots on to the pc (new camera = new software = delay), I will then send them to you. I have your email safe so don't worry. So good to get away over Christmas, it was a "proper" break instead of an "imagined" one and you're right; the good company made the trip all the better.

Geoff

dsumbler
(Member)
Hi Geoff

Great to hear from you, and I'm glad I can still look forward to getting those photographs!

Liz was going to scan the one that was taken on the toboggan run and send it to me, but I've not heard from her. And, as I did with you, when I gave her my e-mail address I stupidly omitted to take any contact details for her, so I can't get in touch. :(

I could do with some more of that nice warm Madeiran sunshine right now (and the beer wasn't bad, either!)

Best wishes

David