Tracy M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

This is my first Just You Holiday and first trip to America.

I wondered if anyone who had been before could give me advice on what to pack, how much money to take etc

I also wondered who else was booked to go.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Tracy

robby
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tracy

I'll probably be booking this trip.I wouldn't pack too many clothes as they are quite cheap in America.I was buying tshirts and stuff at most of the major stops, and they are only 10 dollars or so. In terms of money, I used my bank card at cashpoints and I was there for 14 days.Including optional trips I spent about £600, so not too bad.Anything else you need to know, don't hesitate to get in touch- Rob

Tracy M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Robbie

Thanks so much for your reply; hopefully see you next May

Tracy M

robby
  • (Member)
(Member)
No problem at all.I have been to a similar, but more extensive tour to the golden west with titan hi tours and it was amazing.
claire1
(Member)
Hi Tracey

I done this tour May 09, this too was my first JY holiday. I had a fab time, you will enjoy it. I took couple pairs off jeans, crop trousers, crop Jeans and a couple off skirts as you can dress them up or down. Its pretty cas in USA. Weather in San fran is changeable, I took a light wind proof Jacket, and a couple of cardis too, Just wear layers really, the further you move up the coast it gets warmer. So Tees and vests will be good. Money side of things i spent a fair bit and i never got clothes, but i done the grand canyon and went to a show of my choice in Vegas which was pricey, but your on holiday. I took cash and travellers cheques, i would not use travellers cheques again not too bad in Vegas or paying for your trips. But i would take cash and a card next time. Hope this is of help have a fab time, which i am sure you will.

Claire

Tracy M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Claire

Thank you so much for replying, its really helpful, I have a much better idea what to take with me now.

Thanks again

Tracy