lisaplugo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hiya

Im thinking about going on this holiday next year as a birthday treat to me. I just wondered if anyone else was thinking about going? if so it would be nice to here from you as I have never been on a just for you and im a little worried about going alone!!! it would be nice to get to know someone before going, cheers lisa

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

I have booked this holiday for September next year, flying from Manchester. It will be my sixth holiday with JY since my husband died four years ago. I've actually done this holiday before and I loved every minute of it - best holiday ever so I'm really looking forward to doing it again. The flights are good this time as are the hotels - especially the Radisson Woodland in Flagstaff. If you have any qualms or queries please get in touch.

Regards, Pat

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

I am booked on this holiday - as a birthday treat - it is not my birthday until November - but it is a big one - my son lives in the States and he wanted to take me to Las Vegas, however this holiday does so much more than just going to Las Vegas , I could not resist it. So we will meet up in Las Vegas.

I also wanted to go on a Nile Cruise - so I going in February - and it's Oberammagau this year - I have wanted to go for years - and JustYou came out of the Google search.

I have never been on a JustYou holiday yet however I am going to the introduction weekend in Peterborough next week.

Colin

lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hey lovely to here other people are going too. It looks a great holiday and I have always wanted to visit the canyons. I havent booked yet as like I say I was a little worried, Its my birthday in july of next year but as I cannot go then, I really am tempted to go on this one in September. I wont be booking until beggining of Next year as I am going to florida next week to visit my sister until mid december. I will post again when I am about to book, thanks for getting back to me.
Philip
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi fellow travellers

I have booked on this holiday departing from Heathrow on the 9 september 2010. This is my first JU holiday and i am looking forward to it very much. I went on a safri in Tanzania last year which was wonderful but quite tireing as most of the time was spent in the back of a Land Rover on very rough roads, I am sure this holiday will give me more time to relax. lookin forward to meeting you all next year and enjoying a fabulous holiday.

Philip

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Phillip,

Nice to hear from you! See you in Scottsdale!

Regards,

Pat

lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi there there are not many seats left or this tour and wondered what dates are you all leaving on, there are the 6th of sept and the 8th of sept, from manchester.will you let me know before i book net week, thankyou
lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi eveyone, ive booked this trip today for the 8th leaving from manchester, looking forward to it but a little nearvous too, if you would like to email me if you are going you can do on ***,

see you soon lisa

Editor's note: Sorry, I'm not allowed to publish personal information such as emails but if anyone contacts me, I will be happy to pass on Lisa's email.

tomlin
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone.Booked on the Parks and Canyons holiday departing on the 8th Sept from Manchester. Went to India last year with Just You and had a fabulous time. Heard this is a great holiday looking forward to meeting you all at the airport.
lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi looking forward to meting everyone, its got to be paid for by the end of June as colin you thought it was mid july!!!

see you all soon, lisa

lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi there

as we are all booked on this flight, I know this might be a woman thing but what is the weather like in these places in september, I need to know what clothes to take, is it gonna be cold where I will need a warm coat or will i just need a light jacket, shorts crops or trousers, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

It is not just a women thing - I am just the same - I had not really thought about it - I was in Albuquerque , New Mexico in October - we were ballooning so we were out before dawn. The answer there was to dress in layers because it was cold in the morning then warmed up later as the sun came up - I think that it gets very hot during the day - so I think that you need a some warm clothes for the mornings and evenings with lighter clothes also

Colin

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa and Colin,

Just read your messages about clothing on this trip. Last time I went on this trip there was snow in Utah and Bryce Canyon but that was in March!! September should be hot in Scottsdale and Vegas - maybe a bit cooler in Flagstaff and Kanab - as Colin said - layers! You can, of course, look at the forecast before you go on the internet.

Have you ever been to a Japanese restaurant? there's a fantastic one in the hotel in Flagstaff!

Regards, Pat

KenC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa

Yes, Colin is correct the temp.can vary between 72 and 100f and it's a dry heat so light clothes will be the order of the day.

KenC

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Patsy,

I have never been to a Japanese restaurant not even a Sushi - I keep thinking that I should. I always make it a principle to try something I have never tried before. So I will definitely give it a try.

Colin

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Colin,

Glad you fancy the Japanese - you have to have a minimum of eight to a table. The chef prepares and cooks all your food at the table so he has to have an audience!

If you look at the website of the Radisson Woodland Hotel in Flagstaff you can see photos of it!

Regards, Pat

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi All

Layers and thin clothing is advisable in all holidays. Its lighter for your suitcase for the baggage on flights. And is also better for warmth and/or cooling, Put it on, or take it off accordingly. Weather is unpredictable all over the world. Just check before you travel

Andy

lisaplugo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi all

thanks for the info, il take a bit of both then to be on the safe side,

Patsy count me in for the japanese I love it, not sure of sushi but i love the steak chicken and shrimp combo if they have it, specially the terriaki, got to be paid colin by the end of june if you are not sure!!!

see you all soon, im getting excited now

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa,

Yes they do lots of combos - there's a large choice - terriaki too! Eight people is round a table part of which is a large hot-plate. When everybody is seated the chef walks in and takes a bow then begins chopping all the veg, meat etc - he's even quicker than Jamie Oliver!

Then he cooks it - it's quite a performance.

The sushi bar is in the same restaurant but they were all looking enviously at our tables!

Looking forward to it - regards, Pat