Kathryn-M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just booked the last place on the trip to China on 3rd November. I'd love to get in touch with others who will be on the same trip.

Kathryn

eileenmcampbell
(Member)
Hi Kathryn

I'm off on the 3rd November also and looking forward to it. I'm 62yrs of age, a young 62 though and living in Cumbria, although from the North East Wallsend. I'll send you a message from home, (as I'm at work at the moment)and send a photo, so you'll recognise me when I get to the airport.

Eileen Campbell

Daniel
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good day Ladies,

My name is Daniel Adams and I will be the Tour Manager for this tour. I have now operated over 60 tours to China amnd enjoy immensely bringingg to you the major sights as well as small hidden things that you were not necessarily expecting. Any questions you may have feel free to ask.

Daniel

eileenmcampbell
(Member)
Hi Daniel,

What is the temperature usually like in November and is there much rain? Wondering what clothes to take. Do we get help with our cases when travelling within China?

Well looking forward to meeting you all.

eileenmcampbell
(Member)
Hi Daniel

How much chinese currency do you suggest we take with us when we go for incidentals etc.

Daniel
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good day,

currency to take to china......well do remember that credit cards are accepted in stores where there are larger shopping opportunities and ATMs are arouund but not always convenient to our tour times. However all our hotels change sterling at the same rates as the local banks which will be higher than in the UK so I would recommend you take around 100 pounds worth of chinese Yuan plus about 200 pounds cash and a credit/ATM card and that way you have all sides covered.

Porterage is included ...in the Tour Manager and Editor section of this forum I have previously posted a guide to what to pack/weather etc............

Daniel

Kathryn-M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Daniel & Eileen,

Thanks for the information on money in answer to Eileen's post Daniel - I'd been wondering the same myself. I've also read your post on the Tour Manager's section which provided other useful info to think about when deciding what to take.

I'm looking forward to meeting you both. I'll be travelling to Heathrow from Cardiff.

Kathryn

Kathryn-M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Only just over a month to go now - I'm getting really excited.

I understand that there are over 30 of us on the trip. Anyone other than me and Eileen reading the message board? Would be great to hear from a few others before we meet at Heathrow.

Kathryn