susieq
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone going on this holiday? I am flying from Newcastle.

Sue

carol2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie

I am going on that trip from Manchester. Hope to see you in Faro.

Are there any other people going from Manchester?

carol2

Barringer
(Member)
Hi Sue

I am booked on the same trip and flying from Leeds. See you and Carrol in Faro

Tamsin

carol2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tamsin

Looking forward to seeing you. Have you or Susie been on a Just You holiday before? The hotel in Punta Umbria looks really nice.

Kind regards

Carol

susieq
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Looking forward to meeting you all in Faro.

I haven't been with Just You before but I have done loads of other singles holidays. Great fun!

See you soon

Susie

hazelcastle
(Member)
I have just found this site. My husband passed away May 2008 and I'm a bit nervous about going on a single holiday. Any thoughts would be welcome. I was 61 in January and have never been away on my own before. My family want me to go away with them but I would rather go with people in a similar situation to myself.
susieq
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Hazel

Have courage and take the plunge and I am sure you will have a great time! I am 54 and have been away on these sort of holidays loads of times and always enjoyed myself. As everyone is in the same boat people tend to be very friendly and you can choose when you want to be with the group and when you want some alone time.

Cheers

Susie

carol2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Hazel

I am a first timer too and am pretty nervous, however I am sure that we will meet lovely people in the same boat as us. We are all there to make friends and enjoy a good holiday. Hope you can join us on this trip

Kind regards

Carol

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hazel

I also lost my husband in 2008 and understand the difficulties but life is too short to stay at home when there is so much in the world to see. I am off to Andalucia on 19th May my first JY holiday abroad. Went on a New Year weekend in Cheltenham had a fantastic time, everyone was very friendly. Just take a deep breathe and if you see a holiday you like just book it you won't regret it. I am off to Tuscany in June and Toronto in November.

Best Wishes

Bev

Barringer
(Member)
Hi Everyone

It is my first Just you and singles holiday.

I lost my husband in 2007. The hotel looks great and am looking forward to this holiday.

Tamsin

hazelcastle
(Member)
Thanks Tamzin, Bev, Carol and Susie for your encouraging posts. I will certainly take a look at some of the holidays on offer. You all sound a friendly bunch.

Hazel

hazelcastle
(Member)
Thanks to all for replying. Well have took the first step. Telephoned to see if I could get on the Montenegro holiday. It was fully booked but they are trying to get me on the flight and get me a hotel room. Wont know until Tuesday as it is a Bank Holiday on Monday. Will let you know what the result is.
Sue Steadman
(Member)
Hi Everyone, I am also going on the Costa de la Luz trip on 8 June (volcanic ash and BA strikes permitting ! ). I have been away with Just You once before, just for a weekend so this is my first "proper" holiday with them. I am flying from Gatwick and look forward to meeting you all in Faro.

Sue Steadman

carol2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

Welcome and looking forward to meeting you in Faro.

Kind regards

Carol

rose22
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I should have gone on this holiday on May 11 from bristol,but flight was cancelled due to volcanic ash,so its back to the drawing board as they say to find something else!Just You were very helpful with the option of a full refund or transfer to another holiday,so thats what i"m going to do.Hope you all have a lovely holiday.

Rose

Sue Steadman
(Member)
Thanks Carol, looks like there's a whole group forming before we even take off !

Three weeks tomorrow - not that I'm counting.

Sue Steadman