bobspal
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This will be my 1st ever holiday alone and I am nervous and excited. Is there any one who is going on this tour or have done this tour to give me advice please?
Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi yes I'm booked to do this trip on the 4th October and will also be the first time away on my own. Like you I'm a little nervous but really looking forward to it so don't worry as I'm sure we will have a great time. Keep in touch.

Maureen

bobspal
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Maureen (Mausie)Glad to hear from you. where are you flying from?

Have you or are you booking any trips yet?.keep in touch.

Dot

Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there, no haven't booked any trips yet do we have to do this before we actually go? I live in Ireland so will be flying from either Dublin or Cork airports. I'll let you know when I'm arriving as thinking of perhaps leaving the night before and staying at local hotel, depends on what time our flight is on the 4th. Best wishes,

Maureen

shirley 1
(Member)
hi'also going on america tour on oct 4th. just wounderd what tours to book and if any one else has some advice.also my first with just you.
Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shirley, I sent a message to Olly the Editor with regard to whether we should book tours before we go or wait til we get to the resort. He says that there are three pre-bookable tours which can be booked up to 5 days before departure and we get 10% discount. These are the Aerial Tramway which you go up in a sort of viewing inside a circular cabin with views over Coachella at 8,516 feet above sea level, then we go to the alpine region where you can walk thru pine scented forests. This is a half day tour and costs £21.00. The second one is a Palm springs Tour which basically goes round stars houses and we visit the living desert etc. Half day tour and costs £24.00. Finally, one which I will definitely pre-book is to see the Rat Pack which is a musical experience with dining. Cost £50.00.

I'm not keen on heights so I don't know whether I will go on the aerial tramway but I will definitely pre-book the Rat Pack evening. The other tours are bookable when we get there. Hope this is of interest to you. Keep in touch.

Maureen

daisyannah
(Member)
Hi All,

Thinking of booking my 1st JY holiday. Anyone know what the weather will be like in October in California - all the sites i look at say different things.

Daisyannah

shirley1
(Member)
thank you 4 replying,,think i will wait until we get there before any booking.have seen rat pack in london well worth seeing so don't know if i want to see it again. nice to hear from you and will keep in touch.
Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Daisyanna,

The temperature will be around 23 degrees but will be a little cooler in San Francisco and also cooler in the mornings and evening. There's about 33 already booked for this tour so it should be good fun. Looking foward to meeting you all.

Maureen

daisyannah
(Member)
Now booked to go on 4th October. First time singles holiday but am very much looking forward to it. i am leaving from heathrow.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did this holiday in June/July and it was quite cool in San Francisco so would imagine it been no warmer in October.

Everywhere else just got hotter as we moved from place to place, excellent holiday though I think everyone in our group really enjoyed it.

bobspal
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Americas Golden west Tour 4/10/10

Help.

has anybody else who has done this tour got any advice on what to take......clothes

hairdryers,or any other helpful tips.

bobspal

saints96
(Member)
Did this holiday in may and had an amazing time, always wanted to go to america and im glad ive been. So much to see and do with universal studios in L.A, the Grand Canyon in Nevada which I would advise you take the trip that does the flight in a plane, the helicopter trip and then a boat trip with lunch included as this was pure magic. It was an early start around half past four in the morning but this meant we beat the crowds and got back to our hotel at lunch so had the rest of the day in Vegas. You will have a brilliant time just wish I was going back myself. Oh a little tip if you see a restauraunt called IHOP (international house of pancakes) go there for breakfast its fantastic, but get there early as it does get busy.
cds1980
(Member)
I think I booked the final spot on this trip a couple weeks ago.

Mentioned that they had 38 people booked.

Good age range from a few 29 year olds up to people in their 70's.

Mixture of couples and single travellers.

I have pre-booked the Rat pack tour in Vegas, but as the others are more weather dependant I will wait and see how I feel the day before.

7 weeks today until departure nad just got some of the flight details through due to being on a connecting flight.

Flight leaves Heathrow at 14:10 on the 4th and return on the 15th at 11:15am.

daisyannah
(Member)
Apparently there are now 8 eight men and 31 women. I wonder how many of these men are part of the couples that are going - probably all. Im surprised that there are couples going as I thought this company was just for Singles.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Daisyannah

I doubt that there will be any couples on this tour. Occasionally friends travel together - some of whom have met on a Just You holiday - but we are very much a company for single travellers.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

daisyannah
(Member)
Thanks for that Olly. It was just that cds1980 mentioned (in previous post to mine) she was told that there was a "mixture of couples and singles" and 8 men and 31 women.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Daisyannah

I'm glad to help.

I'm sure that 'couples' there means friends who booked the same holiday at the same time.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

lfennah
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I went on this trip last year (in October) and had a fantastic time. I enjoyed it that much, I am going again this October. This is only my second time with 'Just You' so will still be a bit nervous, but looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

We had lovely weather in San Francisco (and everywhere else) but it can be very changeable. I took a fleece and a lightweight waterproof but only used the fleece occasionally. It was cooler in the mornings and evenings (but still warmer than the UK).

Bobspal - I think all the hotels we stayed at had hairdryers? Clothes to take - pretty casual in the day and smart/casual in the evenings but that’s personal preference. Some people like to dress up, that’s fine too.

I did the 3 in 1 Grand Canyon trip, it was an early start but a great experience. The Rat Pack was fab too! (will definitely see them again).

See you all in San Francisco!

Lynne

jilla
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everybody

I am really looking forward to this trip to California and looking forward to meeting all my fellow travellers. I have done a lot of travelling totally on my own so joining up with other people on their own gives me company when I need it and a single room when I want to be alone. Can any previous traveller to this part of the world give me an idea of what to expect food-wise. The American diet is legendary. Are their meals really as huge as myth suggests? I am a vegetarian and don't eat much. What can I expect?

Looking forward to seeing you all in October.

Jill

seeing you