helb167
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
im booked on this holiday and am really looking forward to going.

5 weeks today and i will be at manchester airport waiting for my flight to heathrow.

is there anyone out there who is also booked on this holiday???

DeniseL
(Member)
Hi there, I'm joining the trip at Heathrow. Not sure I'll believe it's for real until I touch down in Beijing. Have you sorted out money and such like yet ... I have an old travel book that suggests ATMS/banks etc are very slow or will not accept UK cards, so am a little bit concerned about what to do.
helb167
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hiya. its good to hear from someone else that is going on this holiday too. there is someone called tom going too.

i am flying down from manchester at lunchtime to heathrow. i think i land at 12noon and will have to transfer terminals for the flight to china.

i am really looking forward to it. it is so soon now, 16 sleeps!! my 7 year old son is counting down!

i am going to be taking mostly chinese money and then some english. i have never used travellers cheques before so am a bit wary of taking them.

what about you? are u ready for this holiday?

where are u coming from?

looking forward to meeting you.

Helen.

helb167
(Member) (Topic Starter)
i got my documents, passport and visa in the post today.

it makes it so more real now i have them.

13sleeps!!!

DeniseL
(Member)
I love this "sleeps" thing! My tickets came too, brightening up a week dominated by my broken central heating ... the engineers now seem to have messed up the hot water too.

See you very soon, D

helb167
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hiya denise

it makes it seem more real now we have everything!

my 7 year old counts the sleeps! we are down to 12 now.

i cant wait.

have u been away on your own before? if you like you can email me. Just ask the editor for my email address

helen.x

DeniseL
(Member)
Hi Helen, sorry for delay in replying. Mad at work and no PC at home at the moment (or heating or shower ....).

Only a week now, you'll have already got the first stage out of the way! Must get round to the post office for my money - I've been told by the office a little local currency and some American dollars should see me through.

Looking forward to meeting you. Take care, D

helb167
(Member) (Topic Starter)
wow............only 2 sleeps to go!!!

apart from packing i am ready, i have my money, i have finished my shopping!

looking forward to meeting everyone on wednesday at heathrow.

see u all then.x