loopylou
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have seen messages saying that people are looking forward to visiting Bulgaria but there is never any feedback when they return.Is there anyone that could give a report on this holiday please.

Thanks

L

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
I recently returned from this holiday on 19th October. The hotel is excellant, the room I had overlooked the swimming pool and sea. The food is buffet style, plenty of it and a wide variety. Nessabar old town is about half an hour's walk (depending on how fast you walk) and the town has lots of interesting shops.

Trust this is of help to you

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lesley from Bristol

Like Looplou I have seen very little feeback of this trip. I am due to go on this trip next April, So thank you, But as a single chap and pretty laid back anyway. As long as the rooms are clean and tidy, Will do for me, I look forward to going even more now

Regards Andy

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
Hi Andy,

Pleased to learn you found the information posted on Bulgaria of use to you. I did reply to you more fully on the Just You Reunited site. A couple of things I omitted to tell you, was that although there are safes in the rooms, the hotel charges 5lev (approx £2.50) per day for their use. The reception staff have to come and open the door of the safe for you and activate it, in order that you can put your own code in. Not sure if you will already have been given the list of optional excursions, but when I went they were as follows: Sozopol & Ropotamo River Cruise, which lunch included, Pomorie, with a visit to a winery, Folklore Evening (did not operate when I went as it was near the end of the season), Kotel & Zheravana - Blue Mountains, with lunch included. There is an included trip to Nesabar, which will give you an idea of the Old Town. Prices for these "optional" range from 38Euros to 49 Euros, although you can pay in sterling.

Trust this addional information is of help to you and enjoy your trip.

My next JY holiday is to Maderia in March.

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lesley

Thank you for the information on Bulgaria, All very helpful, Sometimes you dont know these little things like the safes etc until you get there, which can be annoying if you forget or dont budget for it, Very helpful. What was the beach like if you dont mind me asking. If you need any tips or ideas feel free to ask, My next trips is Bulgaria in April and Austria in August at the moment.I have been on the Austrian trip before. Yep 2nd time

I have heard Maderia is a lovely little island. I like there wine though. Have a good trip and who knows our paths may cross,

Regards Andy

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
Hi Andy

Pleased to hear my addional info was of help to you. Like you said, knowing you have to pay for the room safe helps with budgeting. The beach is sandy to get there you come out of the back of the hotel to the swimming pool area, go past the pool and there is a path to your left that leads down to the beach. If you turn right once on the beach one can walk a fair way along the beach.

To answer your question about vaccinations - no I did not need any as I am up to date with them, but it might be worth checking with your GP Surgery just to be sure. I've been on 8 Just You Holidays ranging from Sri Lanka to Moscow and St Petersburg.Although I have travelled extensively with JY sister company Travelsphere - the first one being to Australia in 1993, taking on average 2 a year with them so you can imagine how many tours I have taken. In the past I have been to a number of Eastern European countries, prior 1989 and afterwards, and it was interesting seeing the changes that had taken place.

After Maderia in March I am not sure where to go, I am thinking of the All Inclusive to either Greece or Turkey (not a country I have been to).

Can you recommend any JY holidays that you have found really intersting. I would be grateful if you could let me know. As you say our paths may cross in the future.

Regards

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Again Lesley.

Thank you for your feed back with regard to getting to the beach. It will save me making a fool of myself, As I am likely to fall in the pool. It is all useful prior to travelling thank you. I have alreaady checked with my GP ref injections and they have been arranged for early next year. I see you are a regular traveller too and have been to some exotic locations. This is my first beach trip and not really sure what to expect, Things like culture and customs etc. I can recomend Austrian Lakes as a very good trip, With amazing scenery and views, And if you are intersted in Mozart and The Sound of Music it will be up your street. The whole trip is amazing and worth a shot. I liked it so much that I am returning in August. I have done 11 Just you trips, And even went to a welcome evening last night and managed to meet some of the Just You staff, They were very helpful and a wonderful bunch of people and so informative. Also if you like gentle walking . The Ahr Valley is a very good short 5 day trip by coach is also worth trying. If you remember anything else about Bulgaria, feel free to let me know.

Regards Andy

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
Hi again Andy

Pleased to learn my info on Bulgaria has been of help to yo and if I remember anything else I will let you know. Also thanks for letting me know about the Austrian Lakes tour, I shall certainly look into this. Are there any other JY holidays you have been on that you can recommend.

Many thanks and regards

Lesley

lk
  • (Member)
(Member)
is anyone flying from manchester to gatwick (london) for this holiday 21st of april to bulgaria? thankyou

:) laura

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Laura,

I shall be travelling down from Glasgow via a connecting flight, I expect I shall see you on the plane or in the bar.

Andy

clairex
(Member)
Hi Andy and Laura - I'm also going to Bulgaria in April, and looking forward to it very much! I live in London, so will go directly to Gatwick from home, but look forward to meeting you at the airport/on the plane/in Bulgaria while waiting for luggage.
JustAndy103
(Member)
Hello Claire

I look forward to meeting you, Somewhere on route. At least you dont have too far to travel to the airport.

See you at Easter

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy

Would be great if you could let me know how you found Bulgaria. I was thinking about going there next year, but then decided on an all inclusive to Costa de la Luz. I have never been on an all inclusive before so should be interesting.

Have a great time in Bulgaria.

Regards

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
Hi Jaya

I went to Bulgaria at the beginning of October this year - very interesting.

Pease see my messages below to Adny giving information on this hoilday. I you do decide to go, I hope the information given will be of help to you.

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Jaya.

It is also a first for me with regard to an all inclusive trip, And beach holiday at that. Inspector Cluso ( excuse spelling ) is on the case. And will give some feed back on my return. It is really just a feeler as i kind of fancy St Lucia or Antigua.

Enjou your trip mate

Regards Andy

Enjoy your trip mate

saltyoldseadog
(Member)
@ Lesley - hope I'm not interfering with a prospective 'hat' occasion here Lesley ha ha ha - try Montenegro, Croatia and Albania if not already done. I had a fantastic time doing that one last year. I also did a cruise with them 2 or 3 years ago which was also brilliant.

I'm going Bulgaria 21st April - travelling down 20th to meet up with a friend who lives in Crawley for a drink - but will defo be in the Executive Lounge before the flight anyone wants to meet up there. Neil

Andy103
(Member)
Hi Laura.

I take it by now. You will be aware that we are now leaving a day later and returning slightly earlier than advertised. I am flying down from Glasgow, But I have no idea what my internal coonecting flight will be. But I am prepared now to be flexable, See you at the airport

Andy103