nicp
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi folks. I've booked for Vietnam in April 2011. Would love to hear from anyone else booked on this trip. It sounds like an amazing place. I've travelled with JY several times before - Europe and Thailand - and every time I go, I just get more adventurous!! Hope to hear from anyone joining me in Vietnam!!

Nicola.

Lesley from Bristol
(Member)
Hi Nicola

I am not going to Vietnam in April but have been twice before and I must say it is a facinating place. If you go on the boat trip around Halong Bay, it is well worth it because you can swim in the sea before lunch is served on the boat.

When you speak to the local people, who are very friendly, please do not be offended if they ask you questions like: "how old are you, are you married or have you any children". It is only because they are interested to learn and improve their English. I was once asked by a young lady, "do you have a husband?" The young people respect their elders.

I hope you have a wonderful and enjoyable holiday to Vietnam

Regards

Lesley

nicp
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi lesley - thanks for your message. It must be a great destination if you've been twice - all reports I'm hearing are thet people are really welcoming.

Happy travels!

Regards, nicola.

kevramius
(Member)
Hi Nicola.........Just a brief note to let you know that there will be at least one fellow travelling companion on the Vietnam excursion in April, in the form of yours truely. This will be my first experience with Just You but having read the itinery, I am very much looking forward to it. Kev
nicp
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Kev. Thanks for posting! I hope enough people book for the tour to go ahead as I'm so looking forward to it - it's a fantastic itinerary.

Regards, Nicola.

kevramius
(Member)
Hi again........I just stopped by to see whether there were any further updates, but I won't get too concerned until much nearer the time of travel, as I'm sure many people will be unaware of this facility, as I was until it came up in conversation with someone who had been on this type of holiday!! Anyway that aside......Happy crimbo Nicola

Kev