Hi

Thinking of booking this,if anyone else is going would like to hear from you

Regards

Bev

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I am going to Cheltenham. It looks a nice part of the country .I am looking foward to it

Colin

bevt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Colin

Booked on weekend, apparently there are approx 50 of us ages ranging from 50 upwards.

Regards

Bev

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev,

It sounds as though it will be good.

The only query I have at the moment is :-

are all the dinners formal ?

The gala dinner on the 31st is black tie - that's OK. However there are dinners on the 30th and the 1st - to be on the safe side I would assume that they were formal as well - I am just trying to work out what clothes to pack. It might only be four days but I think I might need my big suitcase !

Colin

bevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Colin

Didn't appreciate gala dinner was black tie, slightly worried now as I do not own a long evening dress, may have to buy one!! carried out a survey of the ladies in work which was inconclusive, no help there!!

Would think new years day may be a little formal but always good to dress up, the wednesday evening smart/casual

Don't think I need a bigger suitcase just someone to help carry all the dresses lol.

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev,

it doesn't actually state what the dress code is for the Cheltenham. For the one in Hinckley it mentions it as black tie is optional for the New Year dinner , but it is fun to dress up . So it looks as though it is smart casual for the other two - I will send a question to the editor and try to get an answer

Colin

bevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Colin

Pretty much decided to stay with my original choice but will be interested in editors feedback. Sorry if I sound very organized but I have a very busy December, going to a family wedding in Reading 27th,28th & 29th December so will make a flying visit back home to Newport in South Wales to swop suitcases before catching the train Wedenesday afternoon to Cheltenham it only takes approx 1 hour

I will be in Cheltenham on Friday as I have organized a Ladies Day 'out of the office'lots of shopping, vino and afternoon tea!!

Where will you be travelling from?

Regards

Bev

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev,

here is the reply from the editor

"Hi Colin

The dress code for the gala dinner is either black tie or lounge suit.

Kind regards,"

It sounds as though the other two are smart casual. That's what I am assuming.

It sounds hectic for you, you need to be planned. I went on holiday to Tenerife in February flying out on the Saturday. Then work decided to sent me to Berlin the week before getting back on Friday night. I had to double up on everything in case my luggage went missing on the way back.

I am driving down from Sandbach , Cheshire on the Wednesday. I aim to get there for check-in at 3.00 pm.

See you there

Colin

bevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Colin

Thanks for info.

Look forward to meeting you and the other 50 odd partygoers on the 30th

Best Wishes

Bev