suej
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I'm Sue and this is my first time travelling alone. Very scary and brave at the same time. I should love to know if anyone else is going to the Grand Canyon in Feb 09. Has anyone already been and could tell me what they thought? Look forward to hearing from you.

SueJ

Johnn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue, I went to the Grand Canyon a while ago but I enjoyed it very much and I'm sure you will too. I'm not sure what the climate will be like then though, I'm thinking of going back in September next year. Cheers John
SHEELZ2
(Member)
Hi Sue, I'm just back from the tour, it was fantastic.Not a lot of time to see things not on the itinery as you are kept so busy seeing things. Some days are just traveling but your driver will stop to let you see things & take photos. Clothes should be very casual as they dont "dress" for dinner, in fact we did'nt get time to change some nights. Take things you can "layer" as the weather we had was mixed, we even had a little snow in Yellowstone.In Feb you will need warm things as you will certainly have snow in Yellowstone, it should be fantastic then.

Dont worry about it being your first time on your own, you will not be the only one who is a first timer, you will be well looked after.I have just done my 4th trip & I still feel nervous, what I found helpfull this time was going to the Pre-tour get together. You will know some people right at the start & it won't seem so daunting. Have fun.

Regards Sheila

suej
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Sheila and John for replying and for the tips Sheila. I'm getting excited now and can't wait!! Regards Sue
Johnn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, As I said to Sue, I'm thinking of going on the trip to the Grand Canyon next September if any spaces are left. I'm not sure though, as I've never been on a singles Holiday before. Anyone going on it from the Manchester flight? John

DebW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John

I have booked the parks and canyons tour for Sept 09 and am a first time traveller with JY and flying from MAN....are you still thinking of going??

george
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deb,

I have booked for the Parks & Canyons holiday in Sept 09 and I am also travelling from Man.

I am holidaying on my own for the first time so it's good to know somebody is flying from Man.besides myself. See you in the exec. lounge.

DebW
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi george

nice to hear from you, glad i am not the only one flying from MAN, see you in the lounge, you are flying AA right?

george
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi DebW

I am flying with AA. Looking forward to the holiday but I can't say I'm looking forward to the long flight & jet lag. Never been to america or for that out of europe before so it's a first for me. Hope the exchange rate improves,I don't know whether to buy now or later, it's all a gamble.

George

Harrison
(Member)
Hi George,

Long haul is really fun and you honestly forget you are up there after a while. You will almost definately have lots of films to watch and you can listen to music as well. I love the films myself and I think I watched 4 last time I went to Chicago. Excessive yes but being a nervous flier I had to distract myself as my friend pointed out all the ice caps we were going over below. You are asked all the time for refreshments and you generally get a pillow, blanket and hand cloth to refresh yourself as well. They do really look after you up there, so I am sure the experience will be fun. I am going on the trip on the 17th Sept, so wish you a happy and enjoyable flight. Despite being nervous, I very much enjoy the flights now as part of the whole experience. I am sure this will be start of many trips for you, as once you start, you really can’t stop. Maybe around the world for you next time!. Have a wonderful time, Harrison

Johnn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deb, I'm not sure yet, I really fancy going back to the U.S as its been 19yrs since my last visit. I'm a bit nervous as I've never been on a singles hol before. I probably just need a push, anyway I'll probably book it and see you in the lounge at Manchester Airport.
DebW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hey George

You are travelling with a pro, i fly to canada quite a bit, like harrison says you forget about time once you set off and there is so much to keep you busy, I wear flight sock on long journey, to stop my legs swelling, we could always prebook our seats to sit near each other if you want?? We also have Lynn joining us in MAN and maybe John??

you will be fine

deb

DebW
  • (Member)
(Member)
John

we will look for you at the Airport!!

deb

lyngraney
(Member)
Well Hello to everyone.

I've now got three names to be looking out for at Manchester Airport for this holiday on 8th September. Deb, George and John. This is my fourth holiday with Just You, but I still get a little apprehensive at the thought of going it alone. However, I will now look forward to meeting you all at the airport.

Best wishes

Lyn

lilibet
(Member)
Hi there,

Is anyone on this trip flying from Heathrow? It would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks.

Janne
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Lillibet

I have only just found this part of the site! I too am going on this tour from Heathrow so look forward to meeting you. I haven't been with JY before nor have I been to America so looking forward to that too

Janne

SandraO
(Member)
Hi Lynda

I have just booked canyons trip for Sept 8th flying from Manchester, so just thought I would say hello. I am already counting down the weeks and look forward to hearing from you and others before trip.

Bye for now

SandraO

lyngraney
(Member)
Hi Sandra

I'll look out for you at Manchester Airport, I'm really looking forward to this trip as its one I've wanted to do for a while.

Best Wishes

Lyn

patm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have also booked Grand Canyon and National Parks flying from Manchester on Sept 8th. I am really looking forward to the holiday and meeting you all.

patm

lyngraney
(Member)
Hi Pat

Will look forward to meeting you and everyone else at Manchester, there seems to be quite a few of us so far.

Best wishes

Lyn