jennyuk11
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is my first JY holiday, it would be nice to hear from anyone else booked on this trip
ALZI
  • (Member)
(Member)
Same here - I'm flying from Manchester. Really looking forward to it .....
GillianAdU
(Member)
Hi

I too am going on my first JY holiday. I am looking forward to it but a wee bit apprehensive.

I am flying down from Edinburgh (life approx. 38 miles north of Edinburgh) to Heathrow to meet up with fellow passengers.

Where are you coming from?

Lindale13
(Member)
Hi Jenny.

Have just booked this trip,I wanted to do it last year but didnt get round to it,so really looking forward to it now.Am going to the get together the night before as well.Where are you from?

Linda

alipali81
(Member)
Hi

I'm booked on this holiday and it is also my first Just You holiday. I'm really looking forward to it!

It is quite nerve wracking going away "alone" but my thinking is everyone on the holiday will be in the same boat and we're all booked on the same holiday so must have something in common!

Alex x

jennyuk11
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Just you are checking the hotels to see if they can accommodate me as its a late booking, I should hear something on Wednesday, I have everything crossed:) Hopefully I will be on the Mancherster flight.

Jenny

susiep
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hey everyone

who else is flying from manchester on the 9Th???

My First trip with JY,but been on many previous holidays alone .Would be great to hear from anyone else going on this trip.x

alipali81
(Member)
Hey Susie and everyone else on this wall!

This is my first Just You holiday, my first holiday "alone" in fact, but I am really looking forward to it.

I'm flying from Heathrow.

It should be a really good holiday, there is so much to do and so many new people to meet.

Just can't wait now!

Alex

Lindale13
(Member)
Hi,mine is a late booking too,they confirmed my flights today,1 more hotel to get back to them,& I will be going,because the flight is now alot more money am not now doing the get together the night before,& am flying from Heathrow.Linda
helb167
(Member)
hiya

i am also going on this holiday. i am flying from manchester. i was a bit worried that i'd be the only one flying from manchester but i can see that im not!!

this will be my second holiday with just you, i went to china with them in november.

look forward to meeting you all in just under 3weeks!!!

helen.

jennyuk11
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good afternoon everyone

Its just been comfirmed I'm booked on this trip:) will be flying from Manchester, I'm really looking forward to it and meeting you all not long to wait the 9th will be here before we know it

Jenny

GillianAdU
(Member)
Hi All

I too am going on my first Just You holiday and my first holiday alone. I am looking forward to meeting you and having a great time. Is anyone else flying down from Scotland?

Lindale13
(Member)
Hooray everything confirmed ,am now going,so will be flying from Heathrow on the 9th,see you all soon for a great holiday.Linda
alipali81
(Member)
Hi guys

Got my confirmation on Monday! Makes it so final and more exciting!!

Less than a fortnight now!

Just wondered if anyone is planning on doing the 3 in 1 Grand Canyon trip and what other excursions people are planning on?

Hope to hear from people soon....

See you all soon

Alex xx

jennyuk11
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alex

I am thinking of doing the 3 in 1 grand canyon trip and although its not on jy trips I also want to visit Alcatraz, not long now :)

Jenny

helb167
(Member)
i got my final confirmation yesterday too. it does seem real now!!

less than 2weeks we will be there!

im still a bit worried about what to pack clothes wise. the temperatures seem so varied.

im not sure about taking a coat either.

looking forward to it though and meeting all new people.

helen

alipali81
(Member)
Hi

Re Packing: I've made about 5 lists so far and still am not sure what to take! Bought some new t-shirts the other day and cos the temps aren't gonna be that high I'm thinking its more of a jeans/trousers and t-shirts hol than shorts and vests. I reckon a few t-shirts and vests, jeans, skirts and linen trousers plus some jumpers. I've got a light summer jacket I'm going to bring and will just wear jumpers if it gets cold!!

It's difficult though cos we're away for so many days but limited on how much we can take!!

Re excursions: I want to do Alcatraz as well but if we have to book in advance what time do we book for?

I'm looking forward to the Grand Canyon trip, its expensive but once in a lifetime and I know its gonna be worth it!

Alex x

jennyuk11
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alex and everyone else

My son's partner has been to Alcatraz and I'm sure she just went down to the pier and bought a ticket, the boats run every half hour so I think you should be able to book on the day but I will check with her tonight, as for packing I haven't started yet, I need to go shopping and the longer I leave it before I pack the less time I will have to change my mind about what I'm taking lol, looking forward to meeting you all

Jenny 🙂

alipali81
(Member)
Hi Jenny

That sounds like a good plan with the shopping/packing. I bought a load of t-shirts from Primark the other day - cheap and cheerful and if they get damaged or I buy too much to fit back in my bag I can just chuck em as they were like £2 each! lol!

Yeah, let me know about the Alcatraz thing. It will be better if we can buy them on the day!

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on this trip!

Alex x

Ash
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

Reckon I must be the last one to just squeeze through !

They just confirmed accomodation today-waiting for them to get back to me since last thursday .

am a newbie travellor -not just at jy but generally as well.

So any tips -even the most basic ones would be most welcome .Cheers .

C u all

Ash