Verina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone else going to Jordan? Just over 3 weeks before we go....
sgreen91
(Member)
Hi Verina

Yes, I'm going on the Jordan trip and I can't wait! This will be my second Just You holiday, after a fantastic week in Italy in September. Maybe you can help with a question - any idea what temperatures/weather are like in Jordan in December? I haven't visited this part of the world before and I'm not sure what clothes to take - I don't want to get cold in the evenings but I also don't want to look like a fool in a fleece if it's a lot warmer than I thought! I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great time. Thanks for being the first to post!

Sally

Verina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally, I'm also new to Jordan, friends that have been all travelled spring or Autumn. The tourist board doeasn't help much except to remind us to cover up arms and legs. I think I will have a fleece mainly to wear to Heathrow and back, plus a cotton jacket. Look forward to meeting you. Verina
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear Sally and Verina

I went to Jordan in September and it was still very hot, but it does get cold in December so you should take something warm to cover up. I am not exactly sure about the temperatures, but will try and find out for you as I know a couple of colleagues in Amman.

Have a wonderful time.

Jaya

sgreen91
(Member)
Thanks Jaya - I looked on the BBC weather site and Amman seems to be around 13C, colder at night. Just about equivalent to our autumn temperatures, I think. I'm taking a fleece too, but also some thin things to "layer" if necessary. Not long now, and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm travelling down from Edinburgh on the Sunday and overnighting at the Premier Inn. Anyone else doing an overnight stay?

Sally

Verina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi every one, yes I decided to stop overnight -- less hassle but I'm booked into the Comfort Inn. So probably will not meet up until we get to terminal one.

Verina

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally

Not sure if it is too late, but my colleagues in Jordan have just come back to me and says the temperatures are around 8 degrees at the moment. You definitely need a fleece!

Jaya

sgreen91
(Member)
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone who spent Christmas in Jordan - an unforgettable holiday, and a pleasure to share it with such a great group. Special thanks to Yvette and Khalid who worked tirelessly and with great humour to make our holiday work so well.

Sally

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally

Glad to know you had a lovely 'Christmas' in Jordan. I see Khalid was your tour guide - he is brilliant! I loved Jordan and hopefully will get a chance to go back someday.

Happy New Year to you.

Regards

Jaya