Jules01
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone booked onto this trip?
HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I went on this trip on 18 Feb this year. It was wonderful in Cape Town, it pelted with rain all along the Garden Route so only saw windscreenn wipers! From Durban on was terrific - loved all the safaris - did all the add on ones too. All the hotels were fine, but unless you have plenty of stamina for 4.30a.m. departures on 2 of the game drives you wont last the pace! The food everywhere was great.

I managed a hotel pool swim at Knysna, several at Hippo Hollow nr. The Kruger at the end of the holiday, but no sea swimming. There's an awful lot of sitting in the coach - more than most of us thought.

I was (all of us) expecting much more of The Garden Route - I wasnt impressed at all & would happily have flown from Cape Town to Duban & missed the rest out.

Solos holidays I have done China & Tigers & Temples, India - both incredible. Am off with them to Vietnam & Cambodia on 3rd May.

Helen

davey1961
(Member)
Hi Jules

I am booked on this trip,should be really good.

Think it may well be fully booked as this trip has disappeared off here.

Dave

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jules,

It's Helen again,

Meant to tell you that with Justyou I've been to Thailand - that was fantastic, went over Christmas & New Year 2005. Also Cuba, Northern Cyprus & Kusidasi - Turkey last year & of course S. Africa this year. Loved them all, but the longhaul ones most as I think the hotels & Tour Managers are better. Having said that, Sevilay Mehmet on the Northern Cyprus was exceptional is she is a Turkish Cypriot & aufait with the whole thing & history is her speciality as well as being tons of fun. She's written an article in the latest Justyou mag near the back on P.30. I'll give you any info you'd like if you ask me.

Helen

Jules01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen,

I went to NZ with JY last year, there was a lot of coach travel but we had a great crowd and really enjoyed it.

Did you take malaria tablets for SA?

Jules

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jules,

Yes you definitely need them. Start the day before you fly to Durban & take them for the rest of the holiday & one week after returning. We were advised by the S.African Tour Guide with us to take them in the evening after food before you go to bed as they often give you tummy trouble & if that happenes you at least have the night to deal with yourself rather than getting caught short in the jeep! My travel nurse at my G.P. recommended I buy them from Travelpharm, NOT at the chemist in town. You need to get a Private Prescription from your surgery (free) & send it to

Travelpharm.,Manor House,Merlin Way,Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE7 4RA. I phoned them first 0115 951 2092. You need 12 "Malerone" tablets = £27.If you buy them in the High Street you'll pay £32. As I said they can give you the trots & sometimes the shivers but if you take some Immodium with you you'll be fine.

Hope this helps - it is a brilliant holiday.

Helen

Jules01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Helen, I've just read the message fom the recent trip and I'm really looking forward to the holiday

Jules