HelenJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there, I'd love to hear from anyone going on this holiday. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time & it's getting nearer!I've been on quite a few Justyou holidays - Thailand, Cuba, Northern Cyprus & Turkey & always had a brilliant time meeting a good crowd of friends.

Has anyone any tipe on this holiday? I love swimming & snorkelling, is there any point in taking my fins & mask? Hoping to hear back from some of you.

Helen

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen

I went on this trip a few years ago with travelsphere and had a holiday of a lifetime.

So many places to see, always on the go but plenty of stops along the way. Don't think you will have time for snorkelling or swimming as your days are so packed. Scenery is stunning every day.Would love to go back but so much of the world to see. Top of table mountain is beautiful but the mist can come down in a blink of an eye so hoipefully you will be lucky go enjoy and safe travelling

Sharon

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen

I went on this trip a few years ago with travelsphere and had a holiday of a lifetime.

So many places to see, always on the go but plenty of stops along the way. Don't think you will have time for snorkelling or swimming as your days are so packed. Scenery is stunning every day.Would love to go back but so much of the world to see. Top of table mountain is beautiful but the mist can come down in a blink of an eye so hoipefully you will be lucky go enjoy and safe travelling

Sharon

janicek
(Member)
Hi Helen,

I did this trip last year and enjoyed every moment, you are in for a real treat. It is a very busy trip so I don't know that you will have much time to use your snorkel. The hotels and meals are very good. For presents and souvenirs I'd advise you to wait until you are further north. Lots of crafts made by locals and its nice to support them. The optional trips are good too. I didn't go to the winelands as I wanted to go to Robbin Island instead. At Knysna I was humbled to visit the townships and primary school. Take along some pens and paper if you can, the teachers will be happy to get them.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, I am sure you will

Janice

linjay
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen

I did this holiday a couple of years ago and it was wonderful - I'm sure you'll have a great time. A few things that worked for me. I thought it was worth it to pay the extra for Malarone anti malaria tablets (far less side effects)and make sure you have plenty of insect repellent. I found traveller's cheques very hard to cash and would recommend using debit card - ATMs are plentiful. A torch is useful as we had a couple of powercuts. Don't think there's much point in taking snorkelling gear. I'm a great swimmer but only got chance to swim in pools twice. In theory you may get chance to get to beach in Cape Town but there's so many interesting things to do that there just wasn't time. Have a great time.

Lin

HelenJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi There! I was thrilled to get messages from 3 of you. This is the first time I've used the messaging with Justyou - works well. Thankyou so much Linjay,Janicek & Sharon. Everything you said has made me even more excited! A few tips are a great help. I shan't take my fins, snorkel etc then. Been on these tours before & I know they are hectic! No, I'm not doing the Victoria Falls add on, I read that in Feb it can be very misty there & £999 seemed a lot.Thanks for oyour good wishes

Helen

sued
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Helen,

This is Sue Davies and I will be the tour manager travelling with you to South Africa. It is a fabulous tour and I'm sure you will really enjoy the experience. I'm in New Zealand with a Just You group right now, but we fly home tomorrow (back to the chilly British weather, no doubt!).

I look forward to meeting you on 18th Feb. all the very best till then. Sue

HelenJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply. Counting the days off now. Yes, it's very cold here, but bright & sunny. Enjoy NZ.

Helen