K80 White
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone joining me?
Ason
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes, I will be. Really looking forward to it. I'm flying from Heathrow. Where are you flying from?
K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ason

I will be flying from Glasgow. Have you been on a Just You tour before? I look forward to meeting you. Kate

Ason
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kate,

No, I've not been with Just You but have heard good reviews. Have you booked any of the optional excursions? I decided to do them all! Does your flight link up with the Heathrow one - if so, I look forward to meeting you in the exec lounge.

Alison

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kate & others,

I went on this holiday Christmas 05 - it was simply FANTASTIC!! I came back on a real high - it was all so well done & we had a thrilling time!- you'll love iot.

Helen

K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison

Yes, my flight should link up with yours so I wil see you in the exec lounge. I haven't booked any optional trips yet but I will be doing most of them. I met someone on last years trip who knows all about Thailand so I am taking some pointers. Did you get injections? I get mine next week arghhh.

Kind Regards

Kate

Ason
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kate,

Good luck with the injections! I went to Borneo last year so I had all the injections then - enough to last me for the next 10 years! Does your friend have any advice on what money to take eg baht, sterling, travellers cheques, etc?

Alison

nednicol
(Member)
hi my name is pat this is my first holiday with just you.It would be nice too hear from anyone who is going on highlights of thailand.Any advice you could give me.I am flying from heathrow,traveling to airport on bus from leicester Pat
K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that endorsement Helen. Everyone I have spoken to that has been to Thailand say the same. Can't wait now!

Regards Kate.

K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison

I will let you know when I find out the best way to go with currency. Lucky you with no injections this year.

Regards Kate.

pat61
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi my name is Pat first time with Just You Holidays I am looking foward too the Holiday Would like too hear from anyone who is going.Any advice you could give me, I am flying from heathrow.
K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison & Pat.

I haven't had any reaction to the injections yet! I got them just in time as it's best to have them six weeks before. Did you read the advice from the message entitled 'Tops on Thailand' they were very good and answered our questions re currency and Malaria. The nurse told me to get cream and spray for Mossies out of the outdoor camping shops and be sure it has 30% deet in it. As for the trips I think I will do them all too as I may only walk that way once. I was speaking to a Thai subject and his big advice was 'take only a few clothes with you as you will want to bring so much home' with me he's probably right!!

Kind Regards

Kate

ysb12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

My name is Yvonne, I booked this tour early this year ; I'm now getting really excited! I've never been to this part of the world before so have read all your comments and others from other trips to Thailand and thanks, they're really helpfull especially about the mossies as my Dr also said malaria tablets not necessary and I was a little unsure. I'm flying from Manchester to Dubai then changing and flying on to Bankok - just the thought of it makes me grin. I haven't booked any trips yet as I couldn't make my mind up so still dithering! See you all soon 🙂

K80 White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Welcome on board Yvonne. Now all we have to do is choose what to wear!! got some harem pants yesterday to get in the mood.

Look forward to meeting you.

Kate.

pat61
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all had my injections today only had to have one plus flu.I have booked all the trips bar the river Kwai.Looking forward to the holiday very much.Is there anyone going to heathrow from Leicester

PAT

beatie
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am thinking of doing this trip next year andwould be interested to hear from anyone when they get back, especially about the weather, hope you all have a great time.
Lulu2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there all,

my name is Lynda (or Lulu as some friends call me) and I am travelling from Heathrow. I've never travelled with Just You before either. Really looking forward to this trip as it has been a lifetime goal to visit the moutain tribes of Thailand. My doc says need malaria tabs for the part where we visit the north most border but not for rest of the trip before then. i didn't get a flu jab - is this part of the travel advice?

pat61
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lulu

Hope you dont mind me calling you Lulu,No the flu jab you dont need.Looking foward to meeting you all.My son went to thailand a year ago with his partner and two children they went up to the cottage industry area and they used a good spray hope that helps

PAT

Lulu2
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi Pat

Great to hear from you. Yes more than happy to be called Lulu. Look forward to meeting you. had all my jabs and got my malaria prescription so just need to sort some clothes now. Can't see any other messages from anyone on our trip but did pick up the tour manager name from the editor - he is Richard Lord.

pat61
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lulu

Lovely to hear from you,Iam also looking at clothes wondering what to take.looking forward to meeting you,and anyone else going to Thailand.Thanks to you we know the tour managers name.

Pat