P Wynn
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi - have just booked this holiday and would love to hear from anyone else going too !

Should be great - really looking forward to it. Have been on previous hols with JY and always had a great time !!

Pam

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pam

Just to let you know i did this same trip 2 years ago and what a treat you are in for. I have had 5 trips with JY and this one is certainly one of the best.Every day brings new things to see and experience.Every hotel is comfortable and if you are staying at Piggs Peak in Swaziland just wait till you see the scenery from your hotel , breathtaking. I went over the falls on a microlight instead of the helicopter and that in itself was another wonderful experience. beautiful country so vast. the winelands are beautiful I could go on. So just enjoy, i know you will,safe journey

Sharon

P Wynn
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sharon

Thanks so much for your message - I'm now even more excited. Not sure how to pack for nearly 3 wks and concerned about safety in Jo'burg but guess it'll be ok as in a group. So glad you enjoyed it and sure I will too! Thanks, Sharon, it was great to hear from you,

Pam

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pam

Check the weather for the time that you will be going, i went in september/october and found it was a bit cool certainly needed a jacket or light coat. Keep together in cape town there is a certain taxi stand by the shopping centre so use these cabs, you will be well advised by your rep so don't worry. i had some clothes laundered when i got to krugar not to expensive at all.Things are more expensive when you get to zambia.If one of the trips when you get to zambia is the chobe national park this is an absolute must but again check with the rep that this a good time to go.I took trouser/shorts teeshirts,did,nt need anything to dressy as your on the move a lot of the time. If you don,t like boats the trip in capetown was very rough. its said that capetown can have four seasons in a day. The sunset cruise in zambia is beautiful and also in knysna. Knysna is really lovely. Again my trip as i say was later in the year and i would,nt know if the trips are still the same. Either way have a great time

Sharon

Mark-C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I too was on the same trip two years ago with Sharon (hello Sharon)and fully recommend it. The Vic Falls add on is a must in my opinion. Just a further point to add regarding Zambia and Chobe in Botswana - the locals weren't really that keen on accepting their own currency, preferring instead U.S. dollars, South African Rand and I think Sterling. Not sure if this has since changed but you may wish to check first.

Enjoy.

P Wynn
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Sharon & Mark - really appreciate your helpful comments and can't wait - wish you were coming too - hope I'm not the only one on this holiday ha ha !!

Pam

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark//Pam

Lovely to hear from you mark have you been busy with any other trips. I have been on the music sounds of the deep south this year and what a fantastic trip that was. Have booked the grand canyons, national parks and little big horn for next october. There are another 4 people from the trip i have just done doing the same trip.

What a fantastic trip that was to South Africa it has to rate as one of the best i have done.Take care enjoy your other ventures.

Yes pam i wish i was going again but its a big old world out there and so much to see and experience so happy travelling

Sharon

Mark-C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again Sharon, hope you're well. Since our SA trip two years ago, I've also done Australia with the Thailand and Singapore add ons, and am off to Canada next May.

Pam - as you may have gathered, the South African Explorer is a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and a fantastic experience. I'm sure that you'll have as good a time as we did.

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello again Mark

Wow you have been busy the thought of all that journey to australia makes me feel quite quesy although it has to be worth it once you are there. My daughter took me away last year that's why i didnt do a just you trip. She took me to canada as well so have a great time niagra is beautiful if you get the chance to see it and go on the Maid of the Mist great fun. I had three days in montreal then onto Toronto , then on the train to Boston and then flew onto New York. Very busy but had a great time. Looking forward to my trip with just you next year seems so far off but will probably come round quite quick.Anyway have a great time in canada and you never know we may bump into each other on another trip somtime

take care

sharon