Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I took ages to decide (elderly parent etc) whether or not to go for a short river cruise in November, to mark a special birthday. It was a holiday which was still advertised on the JY website, and eventually made the decision to go for it, rang to book to be told that the places had been returned to the supplier, but they would try their best for me to buy a place back. So, decision made but now it was in doubt. So spent an anxious 48 hours, to get a call from Just You, to say, Yes! So I was lucky! I was very pleased and now looking forward. So am sure that Just You do their best to help in these circumstances, they certainly did so for me. I had been told they might get me a place with extra cost, but actually it didn't happen.
Hi Julia

Does this not still miss the point that holidays are shown as available when the reality is that they only might be ?

Surely this should be flagged up earlier in the process instead of allowing people to go right through booking and then finding out later that you can't actually supply the holiday.

It would certainly help to avoid the disappointment that I feel now finding out that you have flights but no accommodation for a trip I was booking to celebrate my 60th birthday. I had to phone Just You to discover this when surely Just You should of informed me when they knew they couldn't provide accommodation.

Thanks.

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay, I've been talking to a couple of people about this.

On every tour, there is a point before the departure date that we have to return flight seats and hotel rooms to our suppliers. In many cases we are able to buy these back on an ad hoc basis at no extra cost to the customers. In other cases there is a supplement.

To address the why the holidays stay on the website - Simply because, where possible, we would like to try and give our customers the holiday & date that they want. In many cases we are able to achieve this, unfortunately it's not every case that we can.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay, I've been talking to a couple of people about this.

On every tour, there is a point before the departure date that we have to return flight seats and hotel rooms to our suppliers. In many cases we are able to buy these back on an ad hoc basis at no extra cost to the customers. In other cases there is a supplement.

To address the why the holidays stay on the website - Simply because, where possible, we would like to try and give our customers the holiday & date that they want. In many cases we are able to achieve this, unfortunately it's not every case that we can.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia, it's not working for me either!  

I noticed a holiday on the Last Minute Deals / Late Departures section that appealed to me, and phoned at the weekend to talk about a concern I had with one of your advisers, who was very helpful. I decided that yes, I would like to go and she started to process my booking. It was only then that she was able to see that there were no flights available (or at least without a very large supplement) and the holiday was therefore unavailable. It was annoying for me and probably awkward and unfair for her to be placed in that situation.

That holiday is still in the Last Minute Deals section tonight (and allows people to at least start to book online).

Shouldn't only holidays that are actually available appear there?

Rob

Hi Smiler57,

Sorry its not working for you. If you want to drop me an email (julia.morton@travelsphere.co.uk) with your preferred dates of travel and whether you are looking for a Europe or long haul destination and I can have a look to see what is available.

Kindest regards,

Julia

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Smiler57,

Is there a particular time of year you are looking to travel?

https://www.justyou.co.uk/en-gb/l/last-minute-deals/ 

Alternatively - if on the homepage you select the from and to months in the search box, this will bring back tours with availability.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Have tried both these methods and they bring up all holidays departing in that period but doesn't filter to those with places still available.

Thanks.

Hi Smiler57,

Is there a particular time of year you are looking to travel?

https://www.justyou.co.uk/en-gb/l/last-minute-deals/ 

Alternatively - if on the homepage you select the from and to months in the search box, this will bring back tours with availability.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi

Is there a way to filter holidays to see those that are still available  ?

Thanks.