Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi all. Thank you for your feedback about our BA flights, this has been passed to our Aviation team.

Regarding the comments about British Airways, I’m sure you will all agree that the forum is not the right channel to discuss issues with another company, as it does it not give them right to reply. If you have any issues, we’d ask that you put them in your feedback form so we can take it up with the company directly.

Regarding the comments about the electronic check-in desks, we recommend that customers check in at the standard check-in desks, unless otherwise stated in your final documentation.

Don’t forget to look out for your Just You airline representative or Tour Manager who are there to direct you at check-in and answer any questions

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi All

As I believe Heathrow is 80% automated, it is ridiculous that BA do not allow travellers to check in on line with the lax excuse of being a "group booking".

On my recent Baltics trip with Lufthansa, I checked the website and it said all travellers could use online check-in, which I did. My paperwork didn't advise that I could use online check in.

Come on BA and JY, get modern!

Regards

Sylvia

Hi

Here is a variation on a theme. Travelling to Zagreb with BA from Terminal 5 Heathrow yesterday, some of our group encountered difficulties using automatic check in machines. Turned out they should have been directed to group booking desk!. It would be helpful if JY could advise travellers of this in paperwork as again no representative at the airport. Very confusing for first time travellers

Lesley

Hi,

Just reading this thread I too have been able to change my seat on previous trips with just you (BA and virgin). I'm about to go on my 4th just you trip in September, on my 2nd and 3rd I was able to select seats and check in in advance, I couldn't on my first but some could, and having checked for my September trip I can do this again having checked my reference on the virgin app. Therefore it seems a bit hit and miss about who is on the group booking and who isn't, seems like I've been lucky with my trips.

Donna

Hi Dave,

I had a great trip thanks! :)

If you can check-in online then the information is included in your final documents 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

Hope you had a nice holiday yourself

I think this would be a jolly good idea if this information could be included with all final documents as to whether you can check in online or not pls pass on

many thanks

Dave

Thank you Vickie,

I will wait and see.

Dave.

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Rose

I tried what you suggested and whilst the BA site identified my two flights I could not choose seats and I was advised to contact group bookings. Will ask why this was the case when I check in at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

That is the same reply that I get.  Check in will tell you "because it is group booking"!  I found that if I booked Glasgow - Heathrow and return through JY then I got an individual booking and could check in online.

Sylvia

Hi Dave,

Your Final Documents which you'll get about 2 weeks before flying will advise whether you can check-in online, or if you will need to check in at the airport, so please refer to these to double check, as it will depend if you are part of a group booking, or you have an individual booking.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Rose

I tried what you suggested and whilst the BA site identified my two flights I could not choose seats and I was advised to contact group bookings. Will ask why this was the case when I check in at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday.

Lesley