Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Carol.

I'll see you in November. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me would answer you. Unfortunately I would not expect we would see Everest without some kind of flight.

Angie

Hi. I have today booked for the walking tour with add on for November 2018.

I have read and understand that the flight to Everest isn't available but are we even able to see Everest  at a distance .

Hi Jenny, that's good to know that your particular group got the chance.  But unfortunately that's leaving it up to the local guide - and they vary considerably in the lengths they will go to for a group and what time is made available for extras.  Another may not offer the same "extra" or unofficial excursions and the tour manager might not facilitate it either. For example, on other Nepal tours I've never heard of the group being offered helicopter flights or a microlight/paragliding trip.  When I did the Chile, Argentina and Brazil tour I asked about whether it would be possible to do a helicopter flight over the Iguazu Falls.  I was told there wasn't enough time; however a year later another traveller posted a review and said they had done a helicopter trip.  When I decide to go to Nepal, I will be using another tour operator unless JY/Trav change their policy on this.

All the best,

Bob

Oh wow Jenny ... thanks for getting back and letting me know all this. 

Sounds like there is adventure to be had!

Angie

Hi not been on the forum for ages. With regard to the Everest flight, the local tour guide organised this. I didn't go but most of the group did. He also arranged a helicopter flight, with a champagne breakfast to base camp, for those who were incredibly rich! Also paragliding and microlight for those of a more adventurous nature. Hope this answers your questions.
Hello everyone going on the Nepal November 2018 tour.

Is there anyone travelling from Manchester airport to connect with the group in Abu Dhabi?

As detailed on the other thread about the Everest flights as Just You are unable to guarantee the health and safety of its customers on these flights we are unable to provide any help or assistance in arranging these flights and are done solely at the customers own risk.

James

I did this trip in March 2017 and a number of the group arranged to do the Everest flight.

Personally I didn't bother as a distant view of Everest through the window of a small plane didn't appeal. I was more than happy with the photos I took of the Annapurna range as the sun came up.

Peter

Hi Angie (and Jaya),

Yes it is really frustrating.  It is all very well saying that we can arrange this ourselves, but it depends entirely on the tour manager leaving enough time for the flight to happen.  I've been on a number of JY tours and asked about organising a balloon flight, only to be told the itinerary doesn't allow enough time for me to do it myself.  Jaya was very lucky being able to do it in Kenya - and I am still seriously annoyed that I haven't been facilitated in the same way.  It is one of the reasons why I am now travelling with other companies as well as JY.

All the best,

Bob

Good Morning Angie,

If you wish to go on the Everest flight then you will need to arrange your flight independently as we no longer offer this trip as an optional excursion.

Kind Regards,

Amy