Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Just checked with my travel insurance company to ensure i was covered for safari and elephant rides. whilst both of these activities were covered, the micro light flight at Victoria Falls isn't. For anyone planning to do this, it would be worth checking to see if you atr covered. Only 2 weeks to go now :)

Hi Barry

Thanks for your comments - I will pass them on.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly

I have now been on about 8 touring holidays in recent years and on everyone of them they have taken credit and debit cards. Most hotels have WiFi so using the credit card machines is not a problem. If there are places in the world where this is a problem then you could still specify cash.

Pre-booking excursions is OK but you don't always know what the best option are/what your new fiends are doing until you are there.

I am booked on a trip to Australia later this year and I normally do the majority of optional excursions so I hope this issue does not deter me booking with JY again.

Come on JY join the 21st Century!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's interesting to know David, the problem would be solved if we could pay by credit card in resort. The old fashioned machines that used paper slips would be prefect for this - no need then for phone line etc!
Pre-paying for excursions is not straightforward. Several times the tour manager has suggested alternatives to the list issued and these have always been better. Could not do that if everything pre-paid.
Looking forward to it Mike!!
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Debbie, we can celebrate in style when we get to our hotel after the visit to Table Mountain, can't wait!!

Don't forget we have my birthday to celebrate as well a few days later on the 26th. Only 3 weeks to go now.

Mike

Hi Debbie, we can celebrate in style when we get to our hotel after the visit to Table Mountain, can't wait!!
Hi to all you lucky people going out to Africa. I booked and paid all the excursions before I went to Lake Garda and it was great not having to worry about all the extras. The only extra was a trip on the gondola in Venice which I loved. Jan.
Hi All,

I am really excited too but a little apprehensive! Watched Kruger national park walks on tv yesterday and had my brother calling saying "I hope you have a plan for charging rhinos!". I had to remind him we would not be foot loose in the park!!!

Am sure we will all be fine with the money fiasco. The groups I have been on have all been really supportive.

I will be celebrating my 50th with you all mid air (22nd) which is rather comical as I won't know when it begins due to time changes. A little bit of avoidance here, but hey a great way to spend the day on Table Mt with great travelling companions.

Looking forward to meeting you all and feel as if I know some of you a little bit already.

Debbie