Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Hazel

This holiday features walks at all three of our walking grades, from easy to strenuous. I've copied in the descriptions below.

I think if you have managed some of the tougher climbs in the Peak District you will be fine. I walked up Scafel Pike a few years ago and found that pretty hard work!

Our walks aren't intended to be a physical challenge - it's much more about enjoying the scenery and good company, though some walks are a little more demanding than others.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Grade 1 These are for anyone of any age. Plenty of rest stops and time to enjoy the local scenery with up to 4 hours walking a day, mostly on good paths but occasionally rough underfoot. Ascent less than 300m per day.

Grade 2 These are moderate, for anyone who is

comfortable walking hills. Still plenty of time to rest and enjoy the scenery, however up to 5 hours walking a day on slightly more rugged terrain. Ascent less than 500m per day.

Grade 3 These are more strenuous, for the more accomplished hill walker. More continuous stretches of trekking totalling about 5 hours a day, often in mountainous terrain where paths can be steep. Ascent up to 1000m per day.

Could you tell me what the level of walking will be like on this holiday? I've realised since I booked the holiday that Majorca is moutainous in the north - I have managed a couple of the mountains in the Lake District so how does it compare?

HazelH