Canada
Hi was just hoping for a bit of guidance do we need to do anything regarding travel Visa  or do you do it all for us.  I travel 24th September  and getting really excited just read on here about the travel plugs it’s ace what information we can pick up thank you 
Anita
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/05/2022, 03:44 PM)anita23 Wrote: Hi was just hoping for a bit of guidance do we need to do anything regarding travel Visa  or do you do it all for us.  I travel 24th September  and getting really excited just read on here about the travel plugs it’s ace what information we can pick up thank you 
Anita

Anita You definately need a ETA ( Electronic Travel Autorisation) to enter Canada . You cannot get into the country without it but I would have thought Just You would  have told you this ?? I would definately check with them.
I assume for Canada you have to apply for an ESTA which covers both the US and Canada, and when I last had one was valid for two years, unless that has changed since.
(30/05/2022, 03:44 PM)anita23 Wrote: Hi was just hoping for a bit of guidance do we need to do anything regarding travel Visa  or do you do it all for us.  I travel 24th September  and getting really excited just read on here about the travel plugs it’s ace what information we can pick up thank you 
Anita

Anita,

You apply for ESTA online at least two weeks before the departure. It is very easy, simple and quick.

I am going on 6th September.

Dyuti
Hello Anita,
Sorry, but Andy and Dyuti are incorrect about applying for an ESTA. Many people mix up the Canadian eTA with the American ESTA which, considering the names, is not surprising. The ESTA is for a visit to the USA only (valid for 2 years), the eTA for a visit to Canada. An American ESTA will NOT gain you entry into Canada.

Cheers
Mike
(31/05/2022, 06:15 PM)Thank that’s a great help JillSheffield Wrote:
Anita

Anita You definately need a ETA ( Electronic Travel Autorisation) to enter Canada . You cannot get into the country without it but I would have thought Justbyounwould have told you this ?? I would definately check with them
Thank you that great I get on with it ?
(06/06/2022, 11:11 AM)Dyuti Wrote:
Anita

Anita,

You apply for ESTA online at least two weeks before the departure. It is very easy, simple and quick.

Dyuti
(06/06/2022, 12:41 PM)mikew Wrote: Hello Anita,
Sorry, but Andy and Dyuti are incorrect about applying for an ESTA. Many people mix up the Canadian eTA with the American ESTA which, considering the names, is not surprising. The ESTA is for a visit to the USA only (valid for 2 years), the eTA for a visit to Canada. An American ESTA will NOT gain you entry into Canada.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for that Mike when I went on line I sort it out now thanks would of hated to get there r and they would not let me in again thank you
(06/06/2022, 01:06 PM)anita23 Wrote:
(06/06/2022, 11:11 AM)Dyuti Wrote:
Anita

Anita,

Dyuti
The ESTA IS NOT the same as the ETA for Canada . You can apply for it on line but make sure you use the official  Canada. Gov travel advice . It explains it there . Also make sure you use the official website as there are a lot of scam sites Anita .
I am really surprised the JY are not giving the travellers this information. Other tour companies do.

Kind regards

Jaya