Chartwell and Leeds Castle – Departure 17/10/2021
Information 
My name is Caroline Godfrey and I am delighted to be your Tour Manager for the Chartwell and Leeds Castle holiday – starting in Tunbridge Wells on the 17th October 2021.

I am so excited to be writing a post about leading this tour. We will be visiting some of the most beautiful gardens that Kent has to offer. After 18 months without any tours, this is my second tour for Just You in 2021, in my home county of Kent. It is so good to be doing the job I love again.

I am looking forward to meeting those of you joining me for this holiday. If you are not joining me for this beautiful tour, I hope I will be meeting you on another Just You tour before too long.

I would like to take this opportunity to provide a little bit of information that may be useful before we meet.

Clothing

As we are away in the middle of October we need to be prepared for any kind of weather. We could be lucky and have some sunshine or we could experience some cooler weather and rain, who knows what will happen, we all know what the British weather can be like!  So please be prepared for all eventualities. Layering of clothing is always useful. It is a good idea to make sure that you pack a raincoat, a thick jumper, a hat, and an umbrella as well as sunglasses and if you fancy using the hotel pool maybe a swimming costume too.

We have a planned walk in the woods on our Chartwell day, so please bring some sensible comfortable footwear that is suitable for walking on uneven and wet ground and that will keep your feet warm and dry if we come across some mud!

We are staying in a nice hotel so some smarter clothes for the evening are a good idea, smart trousers and a shirt for the men and trousers/skirt and a nice blouse for the ladies or perhaps a dress. I always think it is nice to have an excuse to wear some of my nicer clothes and staying at The Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel is the perfect excuse.

Electrical

Please don’t forget to bring your USB cables and plugs with you so that you can charge up your camera, phone, ipad etc.

Food and Drink

Breakfast and dinner are included in your holiday as well as a lunch in the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells. A Welcome Drink is also included. All other meals and drinks are at your own expense.

Hotel Check In

You will be able to check in to your room at the hotel after 15.00 Sunday 17th October.

I will be in the hotel reception to welcome you as you arrive between 14.00 and 17.30.

Hotel

The Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel was built around an 18th century Georgian oast house in the Kent countryside. The hotel is just 2 miles from Highbrooms railway station and the centre of the spa town Royal Tunbridge Wells.

In 1909 King Edward VII officially recognised the popularity of Tunbridge Wells with its many royal and aristocratic visitors – including his mother, Queen Victoria – over the centuries by granting the town its “Royal” prefix.

The hotel has free Wifi and a garden.  There is a swimming pool and guests are asked to pre-book one-hour slots to use the pool.

Medication

Please ensure that you bring enough medication for your stay.

Tipping (Gratuities)

You may find it useful to bring along some cash. Tipping is common practice in most holiday destinations. If you feel you have received good service in a hotel, bar or restaurant or from a driver or local guide, you might want to say thank you by leaving a tip. How much you leave is entirely up to you, but as a guide £2-£3 per person per day is suggested by Just You in your holiday paperwork.

Welcome Meeting

A Welcome Meeting for the group will be held in the hotel lounge at 18.15 (tbc). During that time, we will have our Welcome Drink, and I will share some information on the timings of our tour and be there to answer any questions you may have.

Other Tips

Please bring your sense of fun with you, it is exciting that we now have the chance to travel once again, for many of you this may be your first trip away from home for some time. We have got used to being on our own and this is a wonderful opportunity to be able to spend time with others.

Please also remember to bring a face mask and sanitiser. You may also find it useful to bring a refillable water bottle.

I look forward to meeting you, between 14.00 and 17.30, when you arrive, and I wish you all a holiday to remember and a trip where you will have the opportunity to make new friends.

Best wishes

Caroline Godfrey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply