Japan - Autumn
Hello Everyone
I hope you are all keeping well.
After the year that we have had, I am thinking ahead to next year.
Has anyone been to Japan during the Autumn months?  When is the best time for Autumn foliage?
I have been doing a little research and Autumn seems to stretch from September to December.
Not sure when would be best.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/08/2020, 08:10 PM)Hopeful Traveller Wrote: Hello Everyone
Has anyone been to Japan during the Autumn months?  When is the best time for Autumn foliage?
I have been doing a little research and Autumn seems to stretch from September to December.
Thank you. Smile

Hi Hopeful Traveller,

I haven't been to Japan in the Autumn but I have done a few training courses on Japan at work (I'm a travel agent) and I believe the Autumn foilage starts in the very north of the country in September and moves southward.  The best time to see them in places like the Tokyo area or the Kyoto area is from mid-October.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
(01/09/2020, 10:22 AM)DawnH   Thank you for your reply.  Much appreciated. Wrote:
(26/08/2020, 08:10 PM)Hopeful Traveller Wrote: Hello Everyone
Thank you. Smile

Hi Hopeful Traveller,

I haven't been to Japan in the Autumn but I have done a few training courses on Japan at work (I'm a travel agent) and I believe the Autumn foilage starts in the very north of the country in September and moves southward.  The best time to see them in places like the Tokyo area or the Kyoto area is from mid-October.

Hope this helps.

Dawn