My ‘top 3’ moments
Hi all,

3 weeks today I should have been flying to Uganda to meet my ‘closest relatives’.
As with all other current holidays abroad this has been cancelled.
I’m sure we are all keen and eager to get travelling again, but we are also aware there are quite a few obstacles to overcome before that can become a reality.
I have enjoyed, make that loved every minute of, 2 JY holidays in the last 20 months to South Africa and Canada. Both were filled with magical moments and experiences.
I was trying to pinpoint my ‘top 3’, but soon found that to be too tricky. All holidays come with great anticipation and here are my ‘top 3’ moments of anticipation ...

1) Driving into the Kruger National Park with its promised plethora of wildlife experiences.
2) Taking my seat on the Rocky Mountaineer ready for 2 days of awe inspiring train travel.
3) Climbing aboard a helicopter for a Niagara Falls fly over.

Needless to say the reality of each far exceeded the expectations.

I know a lot of folks have done multiple JY trips, so there must be some great ‘top 3’ Lists out there.
Unforgettable, exciting, awesome, funny, odd, tasty etc ..
Revive those memories ...  Smile 

Roger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi RogerT 

What a great idea to list your top 3 experiences with Just You.  I have travelled with JY on a number of holidays and, as I write, I should have been on the tour of the National Parks, Mount Rushmore and Las Vegas.  I’ve re-booked that tour for 2021.

It’s hard to identify the top 3 in my list of JY moments.  Every holiday has been wonderful and memorable.....but here goes.

1. the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb in 2016.  Although this was not one of the optional excursions on the Amazing Australia tour, at that time, the memories of the climb and views across Sydney Harbour will never fade.  
  2. The Iguaçu Falls on the tour of Chile, Argentina and Brazil.  The falls and the whole of the National Park are stunning.
  3. The small plane flight to Mount Cook in New Zealand, where I had the honour to travel in the “co-pilot’s seat” throughout the whole flight.  I’m pleased that the pilot was fit and healthy; and that I didn’t have to take over the controls!  ?
and how can I forget all the wonderful places such as Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, the USA (especially New York City).

I’m looking forward to more travels in the future.  Let’s hope that we don’t have to wait to long.
Gosh it's so hard to choose just 3 but I think mine would be

1. Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia (the whole of the Mekong River Cruise was amazing)
2. Lokrum Island Croatia - we only went there on a whim thinking it would pass an hour, but it was just stunning!
3. Taking my seat on the Rocky Mountaineer for the trip through the amazing Rocky Mountains.

Thanks for giving me something nice to think about for a little while Roger.
Yes Rose there’s enough worry and anxiety out there at the moment.
No doubt we’re all thinking about travel plans to some degree, but a little look back occasionally can be quite uplifting.
The RM was rather good wasn’t it ! ?
Hi

My favourite memories are;

I. Seeing the Taj Mahal at dawn
2. Standing on the Great Wall of China
3. Flying over the Grand Canyon.

Lesley
It is not easy to choose top 3 as there have been so many beautiful memories made on all of my Just You tours. But here are mine top 3 (I think):

Microlight flight in Zambia
Masai Mara in Kenya - sorry to say this Roger, but Masai Mara beats Kruger in South Africa for wildlife
Sydney Bridge Climb

Kind regards

Jaya
Hi Jaya.

Yes, I can quite believe Kruger isn’t necessarily the number one for safaris :-)
It just happened to be my first safari experience, however, and it’s given me a great desire to experience more. Kenya, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania, Namibia, Uganda, Madagascar are all on the ‘to do list’ ... and then there’s Central and Southern America !!
A job to know where to start.

Australia bound in Feb (in theory), so Sydney Bridge a definite possible then.

All the best,
Roger
Hi Roger hope you are well

I've just rebooked the gorilla tour for next June, and hopefuuly still going to Austalia for Christmas where I certainly hope to be doing the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb

My top 3 are all wildlife based
Orangutans in Borneo
Tigers in India
and the wildlife in Kruger

Tim
Hi Roger,

Hope you are well. 

I have had lots of great moments on the JY trips. It's difficult to pick the top 3. 

My 'top 3' moments :
1) Watching the Northern lights in Norway ( was lucky got to see northern lights all the 4 nights)- it was magical.
2) Nepal .
3) Tigers in India .
(29/05/2020, 03:56 PM)Jaya Wrote: It is not easy to choose top 3 as there have been so many beautiful memories made on all of my Just You tours.  But here are mine top 3 (I think):

Microlight flight in Zambia
Masai Mara in Kenya - sorry to say this Roger, but Masai Mara beats Kruger in South Africa for wildlife
Sydney Bridge Climb

Kind regards

Jaya

I've done the Sydney Bridge climb (as you can probably tell from my profile picture!), although not with JY. I'm not brilliant with heights, and as I was initially walking out across that decking above The Rocks, I was thinking what have I let myself in for here! But funnily enough, I was fine as soon as I got on the actual arch itself! Views were absolutely amazing and definitely worth it!
Small world story, the tour guide who accompanied my little group up was a British ex pat, who came from my home town of Northampton, had been down under about 20 years but I could still detect his accent!