My ‘top 3’ moments
(28/05/2020, 02:56 PM)RogerT Wrote: Yes Rose there’s enough worry and anxiety out there at the moment.
No doubt we’re all thinking about travel plans to some degree, but a little look back occasionally can be quite uplifting.
The RM was rather good wasn’t it !  ?

Yes Roger it certainly was, I enjoyed every moment and I'm so glad I went! South Africa next for me but not until 2021 now. Great to look back and remember all the adventures I've had though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My 3 would be

Auschwitz ..from a historical point of view and to pay my respects

MIlford Sound in NZ ...so beautiful it moved me to tears?

Kenya...safari to see my beloved elephants in the wild took my breath away..

CIndy
Angell,
The Northern Lights .. now there’s another top experience to be witnessed .. great shout !

Andy,
I shall ‘see’ your small world story and raise you mine .. I was boarding the plane in Costa Rica and got delayed by the person in front storing her bag and kitchen sink in the overhead locker when down to my right I heard a voice say ‘Roger, is that you ?’ It was the lady who had landscaped my back garden a couple of years previously ! She and her husband were celebrating a ‘special anniversary’ (I was very gallant and didn’t try to guess). It turned out they had flown out on the same flight as me too ! How crazy was that ?

Tim,
I’ll probably rebook Uganda soon as well. I have got an armful of Yellow Fever vaccine to make use of after all ..
(02/06/2020, 04:36 PM)andydurrant Wrote:
(29/05/2020, 03:56 PM)Jaya Wrote: It is not easy to choose top 3 as there have been so many beautiful memories made on all of my Just You tours.  But here are mine top 3 (I think):

Microlight flight in Zambia
Masai Mara in Kenya - sorry to say this Roger, but Masai Mara beats Kruger in South Africa for wildlife
Sydney Bridge Climb

Kind regards

Jaya

I've done the Sydney Bridge climb (as you can probably tell from my profile picture!), although not with JY. I'm not brilliant with heights, and as I was initially walking out across that decking above The Rocks, I was thinking what have I let myself in for here! But funnily enough, I was fine as soon as I got on the actual arch itself! Views were absolutely amazing and definitely worth it!
Small world story, the tour guide who accompanied my little group up was a British ex pat, who came from my home town of Northampton, had been down under about 20 years but I could still detect his accent!

Andy, I too am not very good with heights and nearly did not do the climb.  But I am so glad I did because it was a fantastic experience and worth every Australian $.  It truly was amazing and I was surprised that I had no fear at all.

Regards

Jaya
(03/06/2020, 05:07 PM)RogerT Wrote: Angell,
The Northern Lights .. now there’s another top experience to be witnessed .. great shout !

Andy,
I shall ‘see’ your small world story and raise you mine .. I was boarding the plane in Costa Rica and got delayed by the person in front storing her bag and kitchen sink in the overhead locker when down to my right I heard a voice say ‘Roger, is that you ?’ It was the lady who had landscaped my back garden a couple of years previously ! She and her husband were celebrating a ‘special anniversary’ (I was very gallant and didn’t try to guess). It turned out they had flown out on the same flight as me too ! How crazy was that ?

Tim,
I’ll probably rebook Uganda soon as well. I have got an armful of Yellow Fever vaccine to make use of after all ..

RogerT, 
I would definitely recommend Norway.  That's where I saw the northern lights.  
I have to say Masai Mara is one of my top places but didn't mention earlier as I have been there independently and not with JY. Watching the migration was amazing.
All we can do is dream about travel at the moment. I am really missing my travel during this pandemic. Cannot wait till next year. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Best wishes from

Jaya
(19/06/2020, 11:33 AM)Jaya Wrote: All we can do is dream about travel at the moment.  I am really missing my travel during this pandemic.  Cannot wait till next year.  Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Best wishes from

Jaya

Hi Jaya
I was just looking back at the photos of when we met up with Jan Leeming, remember how the first one was cancelled due to the 'beast form the east'!! - it was so nice to meet you all that day. 
Do you have anything planned or booked for next year? I have South Africa and Victoria Falls in Sept booked and I'm looking at the French and Italian Riviera trip for May (I had booked for Aprilthis year). I can't wait to get back to travelling.
Stay safe and well
Best wishes
Rose
Having travelled “quite a few” times with JY I have tried for weeks to come up with my “top three moments” - almost decided and changed and changed again. I will be forever in wonder of the places I have been, the sights I have seen and the things I have experienced - but still .... top three?

So I changed tack - from a young child I loved all creatures (except perhaps big spiders and flappy moths!) so the chance to travel in later life introduced me to animals I thought I would only ever see in zoos or documentaries. Again I had the quandary of what to include and what to leave out, so with special apologies to all the big cats - returned from the ‘JY Tiger Trail’ (even spotted a leopard) just before lockdown, I eventually came up with a top three of the creatures that I have been privileged to see in their home settings during my ‘single’ travels - 

Bears - polar, brown, black, panda, sun, sloth
Elephants - African, Sri Lankan, Indian, Bornean, Thai, Cambodian
Orang Utan - Bornean 

Hope those alternative choices are OK with you Roger - totally with you on all your top three which I also experienced - (first ever helicopter flight, sat next to the lovely pilot who persuaded me that opening my eyes would be a good idea - it was!), and many of the other suggestions too. I do hope you get to visit the great apes one of these days.

“Hello” to all fellow travellers - recognise several on this thread - stay safe and, although I have nothing planned yet, I hope to catch up with you somewhere in the future.
My top 3 moments 
1.   The Polar Bears in Canada, my first JY experience in 2007
2.   Swimming in the Blue Lagoon on New Years Day in a snowstorm
3.   The glorious Northern Lights also in I eland.

There have been many, many other highlights and JY have been a brilliant c9moany with whom to travel.  I’m going to be cheeky and say the highlight of every trip is meeting so many new friends.

The world is opening up again, let’s go travel
Hi Rose

Yes it was so lovely to meet you.  Wasn't it freezing when we were having tea?  Even the cups and saucers were freezing.

I have got the Gorillas booked for June and Canada East to West in September next year.  Everything crossed that nothing stops the travel.  I am having withdrawal symptoms!  I was supposed to travel to Madagascar on 17 June .  You will have a lovely time in South Africa and Zambia.  I loved that trip very much.  Try and do the microlight in Zambia if you get a chance.  I also did Cheetah experience in Zambia - arranged it through the reception.  It was expensive but worth every penny as I always wanted to cuddle a cheetah.  I did it on the morning of the day we were flying back home.  You had to get up very early.  We could have done with an extra day in Zambia.  Are you planning to do the Livingstone Express?  Do it if it is on offer.

Kind regards

Jaya