Very nervous newbie !
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on here. It has been really touching to see that other people have been in a similar situation but found the strength to carry on. I know my late husband Steve would want me to carrying on exploring the world as we had done together........so, I'm just in the process of booking a tour of St Petersburg and Moscow for next year. Ironically this is one place that we would have felt very uneasy about travelling to together (due to the legal position around same sex couples), but also a place that I've always been fascinated with. So - at least I have something in the diary to look forward to. Once again thank you to everyone for giving me the confidence to do this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I started holidaying with just you in 2013, I was very nervous about travelling on my own, having lost my husband of 36 years, in February 2009. But as soon as I met up with my companions to travel to costa del la lux in Spain, I was at ease, what a fantastic time we all had.
I then went to Croatia, Bulgaria, Canada New England trip, Boston ending our trip in New York, where myself and two others went to see The Lion King on Broadway, the cheesecake in the famous New York restaurant. 
I have had some fantastic holidays, and will be going again next year as I have this year’s holidays sorted out, 
So all I would say, is take the plunge, go with Just You, and you’ll find new friends.Julie
Well done for booking your first solo trip.  You will have no regrets and will want to book another trip on your return,

Best wishes

Jaya
Can I echo all that everyone else has said. I went to Lake Como last September with JY just 3 months after I had lost my husband. I cried the night before I went, I cried when I got there & had a few wobbles through out the holiday BUT I was with a great group of people & they got me through it.I am hoping to go to Tuscany in September but who knows.
Enjoy your first JY holiday, I don't think you will regret it.
(19/04/2020, 12:40 PM)Darryl Madeley Wrote: Can I echo all that everyone else has said. I went to Lake Como last September with JY just 3 months after I had lost my husband. I cried the night before I went, I cried when I got there & had a few wobbles through out the holiday BUT I was with a great group of people & they got me through it.I am hoping to go to Tuscany in September but who knows.

Hi Darryl
I think that is what is so good about the JY trips a group of complete strangers very quickly become a group of friends together with those hugs when needed. Oh how I miss those hugs at the moment. I don't know if you have read my review but if you go to search box top right and put in 'Highlights of Tuscany 10-17th May 2018' you will see what a wonderful trip we had to delightful Tuscany. I set up a whatsapp group on our return and am still in touch with a number from that trip. You will certainly not be disappointed if you decide to go.
Take care stay safe Paul
Thank you again to everyone who has replied, and especially Darryl (hug). Part of me wants to just curl up in a ball and never leave the house again but I know my darling husband would want me to try and carry on as normal. Ironically it would have been his 55th birthday on 23rd April and we’d arranged to have a week in Rome with a special birthday meal in a fabulous restaurant overlooking the Trevi Fountains. Sigh ........

I’ve now booked up two holidays with JY for next May (Russia) and October (New York), but wish we weren’t in lockdown so I could arrange something much sooner. Everyone here sounds so lovely, really want to make lots of new friends.
(20/04/2020, 11:46 AM)Paul N Wrote:
(19/04/2020, 12:40 PM)Darryl Madeley Wrote: Can I echo all that everyone else has said. I went to Lake Como last September with JY just 3 months after I had lost my husband. I cried the night before I went, I cried when I got there & had a few wobbles through out the holiday BUT I was with a great group of people & they got me through it.I am hoping to go to Tuscany in September but who knows.

Hi Darryl
I think that is what is so good about the JY trips a group of complete strangers very quickly become a group of friends together with those hugs when needed. Oh how I miss those hugs at the moment. I don't know if you have read my review but if you go to search box top right and put in 'Highlights of Tuscany 10-17th May 2018' you will see what a wonderful trip we had to delightful Tuscany. I set up a whatsapp group on our return and am still in touch with a number from that trip. You will certainly not be disappointed if you decide to go.
Take care stay safe Paul
Thank you Paul I will take a look.I am definitely going, that is if we can go. Hope you are well Darryl