Northern Cyprus, Hidden History Tour 5 October – 12 October 2019
Just You, Northern Cyprus, Hidden History Tour 5 October – 12 October 2019

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen 

My name is David Coatsworth and I have the great pleasure of being your Just You Tour Manager for the ‘Northern Cyprus Hidden History’ tour beginning on 5th October 2019.

I would like to say – Hello - to those of you that use the Online Community.  

Cyprus is a truly fascinating land rich in history and cultural contrasts, aided by a usually warm & sunny climate with the Mediterranean Sea never far away. 

I will be doing my upmost to ensure that you have an amazing holiday from start to finish. I am very much looking forward to leading your Tour to this amazing island and I have no doubt you are going to create some fabulous memories with a new group of friends.

Currency 

Turkish Lira is the currency in Northern Cyprus, however, when in the South of the Island the currency is the Euro. Credit cards are generally accepted throughout the island. Whenever you exchange money do take a moment to ensure that you are receiving a favourable exchange rate. 

Clothing

I’m no meteorologist, however, I have it on good authority (BBC Weather) that warm, dry sunny days are likely to continue throughout our stay. So I recommend that you pack comfortable light weight clothing in addition to a hat and sunscreen. You will also want some comfortable footwear, particularly during our excursions. You might also like to take a lightweight rain cover (I like to be equipped for every eventuality) and something suitable to slip on should the evenings be cooler.    

You might like to consider keeping your luggage weight a little below your allowed limit in case you want to pick up some souvenirs.

Electrical

Cyprus uses the same 3 Pin Plug that we use in the U.K. Guests from Canada will want to bring an adapter. 

If you are using electrical equipment that needs to be charged please remember to bring the necessary cables in order to charge up your camera, phone, iPad etc.

Luggage

Porterage at the hotel is included.  

Meals

Breakfast and Dinner are included in your tariff. Meals in the Hotel will be served Buffet style and will include examples of the local cuisine. Wine, beer, soft drinks, tea, coffee and water are not included but can easily be obtained at your own expense. Lunch is also included on one of our included and one of our optional excursions. I will give you the details when we meet.  

Medication

Please ensure that you bring sufficient prescription medication for the duration of your stay and carry any medication in your hand baggage rather than in your suitcase. It can also be useful to have your prescription slip with you. Also bring your EHIC card with you.    

Tipping

Tipping is common practice in most holiday destinations. If you feel you have received good service in a hotel, bar or restaurant or from a driver or local guide, you might want to say thank you by leaving a tip. How much you leave is entirely up to you, but for guidance for Local Guides & Drivers £2-£3 per person per day is suggested by Just You in your holiday paperwork.

Toilets

As is the case in the U.K. you will often be required to pay to use public toilets, so it’s useful to keep some coins handy.

Welcome Meeting

As we will be arriving on several different flights and at different times (some late in the evening) I will organise a brief Welcome Meeting including a Welcome Drink on Sunday 6 October before Dinner, details to follow.

Suggestions

It’s a good idea to have a copy of the Photo & Information page of your Passport and to have a copy of your travel insurance with you. 

To make a telephone call from Cyprus to the U.K. dial +44, followed by the phone number (dropping the first 0). Telephone calls from hotels can be very expensive. You might like to check your own particular arrangements with your mobile service provider. Special packages are sometimes available.

It is going to be a FABULOUS Holiday! 

I look forward to meeting you all. 

Best Wishes
David, Your ‘Just You’ Tour Manager

PS did you know that the Sea temperatures around Cyprus are amongst the warmest in the Mediterranean!  
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply