Spains Sunshine Coast 2020
Hi All
I am thinking of possibly going on this trip in 2020 has anyone on been on the tour this year and could give me an up to date review as I believe the format changed this year.

Vickie 
Do you have any information on numbers booked so far for May and June dates

Many thanks
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/10/2019, 03:19 PM)Paul N Wrote: Hi All
I am thinking of possibly going on this trip in 2020 has anyone on been on the tour this year and could give me an up to date review as I believe the format changed this year.

Vickie 

Many thanks
Paul

Hi Paul.  I went on this holiday in May 2017.  Probably you have already seen my review, but I can't remember seeing any reviews for this year.

I wasn't aware that there had been a format change this year.  All the trips appear to be the same, and certainly the hotel is.  The only thing I can find different in the brochure (but not yet on the website) is the mention of a visit to a local restaurant on the last evening but one, and there is a photo which seems to indicate that there is a cookery lesson, but no indication when that is.  Vickie can you clarify please?

The hotel is, Paul, what I would class as small and friendly, which I liked.  It is close to amenities, but it is built up round it, and can get rather noisy.  I found the food to be adequate, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately I had an accident on the plane going out, and wasn't able to go on all the trips, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I was able to go on.  The weather was excellent!  I hope if you do decide to book that you have a great time!  Smile 

Incidentally Vickie, why have regional departures been removed on this holiday?
Hi Bosuncat,

The photo I think you mean is showing Catalan tomato bread? This is what you will learn to make as part of your meal at El Cortijo restaurant on Day 6 of your trip.

I'm waiting to hear back about the regional flights, so I will get back to you.

Many thanks,
Vickie
(02/10/2019, 08:41 AM)Bosuncat Wrote:

Vickie 

Many thanks
Paul

Hi Paul.  I went on this holiday in May 2017.  Probably you have already seen my review, but I can't remember seeing any reviews for this year.

I wasn't aware that there had been a format change this year.  All the trips appear to be the same, and certainly the hotel is.  The only thing I can find different in the brochure (but not yet on the website) is the mention of a visit to a local restaurant on the last evening but one, and there is a photo which seems to indicate that there is a cookery lesson, but no indication when that is.  Vickie can you clarify please?

The hotel is, Paul, what I would class as small and friendly, which I liked.  It is close to amenities, but it is built up round it, and can get rather noisy.  I found the food to be adequate, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately I had an accident on the plane going out, and wasn't able to go on all the trips, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I was able to go on.  The weather was excellent!  I hope if you do decide to book that you have a great time!  Smile 

Hi Bosuncat
I've had one of those senior moments (age doesn't come alone!!) I'm not certain which holiday I was thinking of it certainly wasn't this one. However I am thinking of going on this one next May. I did find your infamous hot tea review in the end as this tour seems to change its name yearly (Escape Catalonian Coast) I hope all well now.
Many thanks Paul
(03/10/2019, 05:45 PM)Paul N Wrote:
(02/10/2019, 08:41 AM)Bosuncat Wrote:

Vickie 

Many thanks
Paul

Hi Bosuncat
I've had one of those senior moments (age doesn't come alone!!) I'm not certain which holiday I was thinking of it certainly wasn't this one. However I am thinking of going on this one next May. I did find your infamous hot tea review in the end as this tour seems to change its name yearly (Escape Catalonian Coast) I hope all well now.
Many thanks Paul

Thanks Paul.  Unfortunately with being diabetic the scalds/burns took a while to heal, but I did enjoy the holiday.  It isn't the prettiest of resorts, but the trips are good, and the hotel is nice.  I hope if you do book that you have an enjoyable time.  

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have had a new hip since then.   Big Grin