Namibia 9th October
Hi Vickie

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago advising of some accommodation changes to this trip.  They also advised of some additional inclusions as a result of this.

At this time I am still waiting for the final joining instructions and updated itinerary to come through. This is getting too near the start date for my liking!  Please can you look into this.

Thank you

Janet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Janet,

Apologies, it looks like a technical issue meant your documentation has not been emailed. We have now manually emailed it to you, so it should arrive in your inbox today.

Please let me know if not.

Many thanks,
Vickie
Hi Vickie,

As per Janet's request please can you email me the same.

Thanks,

Matt
Thanks Vickie

Not with me yet but I really hope it arrives today. I would have thought a manually sent email would have arrived immediately my end. I spoke with customer services end of last week and they just said there was a delay. If a technical issue why did they not send manually then?

I already have reservations about the recent changes and whether the move in locations will have any impact on original itinerary. Obviously additions are welcome but I do not want to see replacements other than the accommodation.. This further delay is the last thing I need at this time. I should be looking forward to my holiday, not stressing about it!

Will keep a close eye on email.

Janet
Hi Vickie

Am pleased to advise that documentation arrived at 1am.

Having looked at the itinerary I now feel duped in that, what we were being told were additional inclusions due to the change of accommodation made, may not be all it seems as the following seem to be omitted
- no mention of seeing the petrified forest
- a half day game drive is missing (we were due a pm game drive on day 10 plus a full day game drive on day 11. This has been replaced with 2 half day game drives on days 10 and 11)

I really hope that I have the above wrong but would ask for someone to contact me to discuss, particularly as the game drives in open vehicles were the whole reason I booked this holiday with Just You.

Regards

Janet
Hi Matt,

This has been requested for you.

Many thanks,
Vickie
Hi Vickie

Thanks for raising my concerns with Customer Services

I have now received a call from them about the changed itinerary which seemed to remove the petrified forest and a half day game drive. In this respect they have advised me that the new itinerary sent was slightly incorrect and that the following will apply (also received in writing).

Day 7 - we will visit the petrified forest en route
Day 10 - we will have a full days game drive (not just pm as shown on itinerary)
Day 11 - we will have the half day game drive (replacing the original on day 9)

The updated amendments will thankfully mean we are not losing out on any of the original itinerary. Please can you post this to ensure others are aware.

Now just waiting for lounge pass to arrive. Please ensure Matt receives his too

Thank you

Janet
Hi Janet,

I believe our Customer Services team have given you a call to answer these queries.

Apologies your lounge pass was missing, it has now been requested to be sent out.

Many thanks,
Vickie
Thanks Janet re reminder for  my lounge pass, very kind of you -  I do have it. I too queried the change in game drives and am pleased that it is a full day on day 10. As per the half day game drive on day 11 as a replacement for the one which was to be on day 9, the letter mentioning the changes in accommodation inferred that we would get an extra half day drive as compensation for these changes but it appears this is just a straight swap.

See you a week today!!

Matt
Hi Matt

Glad to hear you have your lounge pass. Must admit that I hadn’t picked up on the fact that the swapped game game should have also been an additional as per the letter they sent. I was more concerned at the time that we were potentially losing one. I will go back to customer services to point this out and query further. Looking forward to meeting you in the lounge ......provided my pass turns up!

Vickie - still not received my lounge pass. Was this meant to have been emailed yesterday?

Janet