Gorillas in the (not to be) mist
JY .. you’ve only gone and done it again !

There I was, rough 2020 plans in place and then along comes Uganda.
Just like last year when my NZ plans were scuppered by the appearance of the wonderful Canada East to West expedition.

I guess that’s why we love the arrival of the new brochures  Smile

A Uganda trip culminating in a trek to mingle with Mountain gorillas looks awesome. 
For what the tour entails I reckon June might be the best option (drier season). Preference wouldn’t have been for the inaugural trip (teething problems potential), but the late June trip goes from Ebbsfleet only. Heathrow so much more convenient for me.

I was hoping to do trips in February and November. I might have to include June as well now !
More piggy bank raiding required. 

Eagerly awaiting the sound of the brochure hitting the mat before committing. Just in case something jumps out to surprise !

Great stuff JY.

Roger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Roger,

Wonderful to hear you're pleased with the new tours! Big Grin And may I add, a fantastic post title - we may have 'mist' a trick there! Wink

Do keep us in the loop about what trip you book next, and enjoy reading through your brochure when it arrives!

Many thanks,
Vickie
Hi Roger
I entirely agree with your comments. The Uganda trip seems very tempting . I'm off to see the orangutans in Borneo next week and now it looks like I shall have to give Just You even more money to go to Uganda to see the gorillas . I am also awaiting the new brochure to select next years trips.

Peter
Hi Vickie

This is definitely a trip that I would like to do. 

I understand that the trekking in Bwindi to see the gorillas can be quite challenging. Will JY be including a personal porter for each person included in the price of this trip?

Regards 

Janet
Uganda was on my list for next year so this is good timing for me as long as I can get the dates booked off work
Hi Peter,

have a great trip to see the orangutans. Borneo very much on my ever expanding wish list. Hopefully I’ll get there one day, but JY keep enticing me elsewhere !

In the meantime I’ll have to start a fitness campaign .. the gorilla treks look quite demanding ..

Happy trails,
Roger
Hi Janet,

I'm glad to see you that are interested in our new tour Smile

Regarding the trek in Bwindi, we do not include a personal porter; however you will only need a day pack for the trek Smile

Thanks,
Jamie
Hi Janet,

You may not be totally surprised to hear I’ve done a fair bit of research into this trip already !
Re the porters on the gorilla trek it suggests a US$10 fee gets you your own porter for the day. Given what could be in store that seems very good value to me especially as you could be in the jungle for a few hours.
There is some good advice available. ‘Divergenttravelers.com’ has some very useful tips in their ‘preparation guide for gorilla trekking in africa’ Section. Worth a look.
Hope that helps.

I get the impression this tour is going to be the ‘hot ticket’ in 2020 and with a max of 15 people per trip an early sign up might be advisable ..

Roger
Hi

This Uganda tour looks amazing even without seeing the gorillas and chimps which are obviously the icing on the cake.

Jamie
From research about gorilla trekking that I had previously done I understood that you could pay for a porter when you get there. The porter will carry your rucksack/daybag and help you on the trek if need be. When I did the research a couple of years ago I was told the cost of a porter for the day was about 20 USD-obviously more now.
I would love to do this tour even if I didn't manage the trekking.

Peter
Hope you enjoy Borneo and see plenty of wildlife. Jaya is thinking about Uganda for 2021 and going with Dave and me, should it be offered in 2021.
I would prefer to go next year in June, as someone else has written it is drier which also means it is less slippy underfoot. a year earlier at my age makes sense.
Might see you at Destinations again!

Kind Regards
Di
Hi Roger

I agree, I think places will go fast, so I booked my place on the June trip this evening

Tim