Prague Vienna Budapest dep 04 Sept
Is there any information available as to how many people are booked on this holiday - and who the Tour Manager is?

For the benefit of other travellers - there is a very useful post further down this forum from the TM for the Prague Vienna Budapest tour which departed 12/06/2019.  Of course some details may differ for the September tour, but still worth a read!

WendyP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Wendy,

There are 35 people on this trip, so it's fully booked.

There are 8 men and 27 women and their ages range from early 40s to mid 70s.

Your Tour Manager will be Gareth Newton Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie
Oh you're so lucky, Gareth is a fantastic TM. We had him for the same trip in May, he worked so hard to make it a great holiday for all of us. We had issues with one hotel (it's not being used again!) and he was just amazing in dealing with complaints on our behalf.
You'll have a great time!
Rose
(20/08/2019, 09:43 AM)Vickie Wrote: Hi Wendy,

There are 35 people on this trip, so it's fully booked.

There are 8 men and 27 women and their ages range from early 40s to mid 70s.

Your Tour Manager will be Gareth Newton Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie
Thanks Vickie - looking forward to it!
Wendy
(20/08/2019, 04:19 PM)Rose1999 Wrote: Oh you're so lucky, Gareth is a fantastic TM. We had him for the same trip in May, he worked so hard to make it a great holiday for all of us. We had issues with one hotel (it's not being used again!) and he was just amazing in dealing with complaints on our behalf.
You'll have a great time!
Rose
Thanks, Rose - that sounds great!
Wendy
Just phoned JY re non-appearance of luggage labels and wallet for documentation.  Apparently "for some reason they've not been sent to you, sorry" - too late to do anything about it.  A shame as I was looking forward to spotting and being spotted at the airport via my JY labels!  Not a good start (has worried me about what else might not have been sent) but not the end of the world and looking forward to the trip!
Wendy
Hi Wendy,

May I please apologise for this. There appears to have been some confusion our end. Looking at the system, it's showing your luggage labels and wallet were sent to you via post on August 16th. Your final documents were emailed to you, so you should have all the information.

I'm sorry that your labels haven't arrived, but please be reassured that your Tour Manager, Gareth Newton will be at LHR to meet you and will be holding a Just You sign. Please look for him at check-in and fellow passengers with labels. He should also have some spare labels which you can put on your luggage.

I hope this helps, and apologies again - I hope you have a fantastic trip! Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie
(03/09/2019, 11:39 AM)Vickie Wrote: Hi Wendy,

May I please apologise for this. There appears to have been some confusion our end. Looking at the system, it's showing your luggage labels and wallet were sent to you via post on August 16th. Your final documents were emailed to you, so you should have all the information.

I'm sorry that your labels haven't arrived, but please be reassured that your Tour Manager, Gareth Newton will be at LHR to meet you and will be holding a Just You sign. Please look for him at check-in and fellow passengers with labels. He should also have some spare labels which you can put on your luggage.

I hope this helps, and apologies again - I hope you have a fantastic trip! Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie

Thanks Vickie!

The chap I spoke to yesterday seemed sure they hadn't been sent.

And they certainly haven't arrived ...

But no harm done, look forward to meeting up with Gareth and other travellers at LHR.

WendyP
Further update: Someone living in the next door block of flats has just brought over the envelope containing my labels & travel wallet which had been mis-delivered! So JY not at fault in any way, happy to put the record straight!
WendyP
Hi Wendy,

That's great news! Glad you got them before you go - have a great trip! Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie