Hello
Hi
I just wanted to say hello.
I’ve just booked my first solo holiday. I’ve booked China with the Hong Kong add on in October. I’ve wanted to go to China for years and finally got up the courage to book it, I know I’ll feel nervous nearer the time but hopefully will cope and enjoy it.
Is anyone else going on this trip in October?
Regards
Nic x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hello Nicola

Well done for booking your first solo holiday. I am sure you will have a fab time and will want to book another solo trip on your return. I have not yet had a chance to go to China but it is on my list of destinations so hopefully I will be able to go in the near future.

Kind regards

Jaya
I'm off to Austria which is now my fifth with JY so you're sure to enjoy it.
Hello Nicola, welcome to JY and Forum.  Am sure you will have a great time. I have enjoyed many JY holidays and intend to go on some music re.
(02/05/2019, 11:18 AM)intrepid traveller Wrote: Hello Nicola, welcome to JY and Forum.  Am sure you will have a great time. I have enjoyed many JY holidays and intend to go on some music re.

Hello Nicola,

China was the very first long-haul holiday with JY over 10 years and nearly 20 JY holidays ago. Enjoyed it so much that have booked again for this August. Apart from the must-see sights, itinerary is rather different now, plus Yangtse add-on was not then available, so much new to see.

Apart from optional excursions, everything is included so, apart from too many souvenirs, spent little extra money.

Enjoy a truly fabulous holiday!
Hello, I have booked Christmas in Jersey. Never been to Jersey or on a JY holiday. Thanks Ella
Hi Ella

I have been to Jersey years ago on holiday and then on a few business trips. Jersey is beautiful and I am sure you will love spending Christmas there.

Regards

Jaya
Doing my first justyou holiday to Croatia in June,  would like another adventure later on in say september,any ideas anyone ,only interested in Europe, thanks for any replies .Brian
Hi Brian

Why don't your browse the brochure at leisure as this will give you plenty of ideas on where t go next. I have heard Slovenia is beautiful and I personally would like to go there one day. There are so many choices in the brochure and I am sure you will find your next adventure in there.

Kind regards

Jaya
Hi Brian
I would recommend Pompeii, Sorrento and the Bay of Naples for a September departure. It's a fantastic tour with loads of fascinating sites, beautiful views and hopefully, still great weather. I did it in 2015 and would happily do the same itinerary again, which is rare for me. If you put 'Pompeii' into the search function at the top of the page, you'll find reviews and tips from people like me who have done the trip before which may help you to decide.

Hi Ella
I can't comment on the Christmas tour to Jersey because I haven't done it. However, and I must declare bias because I live here... Big Grin , Jersey is beautiful over Christmas. The festive lights are super and we have many events going on, such as the annual Fete De Noue which includes Christmas markets and parades and a couple of local pantos. Weather wise, we often have lovely clear blue sky days but there is an equal chance of mist or fog when the sea air can feel very damp. Due to the exposed position of the Island, it can also get very windy at that time of year but if you pack layers and a waterproof jacket, you'll be fine.

Happy to help with any other questions
All the best
Mandy