Central America - March 5, 2019
Hello Everyone, just wanted to say hi to my guests who will be coming with me to Central America on the 5th of March. I will be posting various information so check back. In the meantime- say hi!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hiya,
Just You Groups are sent multiple Luggage Tags. One goes on the main suitcase or checked suitcase, to assist with the the distribution and collection at the hotels-and one tag goes on the hand luggage. This is how the tour manager locates you at the airport and it gives fellow travelers a way to identify fellow travelers at the airport as well. Just You will supply a meet-and-greet representative at or near check-in at the airport. This only happens when the tour manager will NOT be on the flight with the group, but is meeting the group in resort instead. I will be meeting the group in resort, so I will not be at the UK airport or Lounge.

Just You will be sending you a lounge pass. There is complimentary food and drink available, including alcoholic choices. The food is usually very good and not just nibbles. Most guests do go to the lounge, by not all. We hope for all, but there are several reasons why someone may not go. But please do!
Hello,
If anyone is on the tour with me, can I please ask you to make three color copies of the photo and info page of your passports please. One you will retain to have throughout the tour and I need two for during the tour. Thanks. Sharron
Hope you are finding some sales on high Deet level bug repellent!!!! Lotion, Spray, it is all good and you are going to need it! I am picking up mine! Also you should be looking for a high factor sun screen for your face, and any exposed body parts, such as hands, arms and lower legs. That nose must be covered! Along the same line- make sure you have a good pair of UV protected sunglasses and a hat or two. These are essential. Happy shopping!
Questions about packing? Here are some answers:

I wouldn't pack high heels, any expensive jewelry and formal clothes, no gowns or tuxedo’s!!!  
Choose items that are loose and airy, lightweight and breathable. 
Items that can quickly dry, and have multiple uses. Items that do not need ironing. Pack comfy, breathable materials. Don’t forget the essentials: bug repellent and suntan lotion. Also, a swim suit, good sturdy walking / hiking shoes, socks (many), pool side sandals, a hat, and sunglasses.  

For the possibly wetter day- a good, breathable rain wear jacket, cover-up etc. if you are already a trekker-bring your accessories. 

For the evenings, a light jacket, shawl or wrap if you chill easily. Pack some comfy, easy to put on, (like mix and match) clothes for a quick change for dinner. Nothing fancy, but what you feel comfortable in.

I am packing a torch. Smaller size, but a good torch and small first aid items. Remember your prescriptions, vitamins, and your usual small sized toiletries, including deodorant and hand sanitizer or packaged wet wipes.
I have been checking our weather. For our Panama Days it is showing 73 C / 90 F and that is with partly sunny skies!!! A little rain is predicted for March 5th. No worries- we call it liquid sunshine!!!
I just came from my local bank here in Florida. I have US dollars to take with me. All the countries we are visiting happily accept US Dollars, I did not get individual currencies. ‘Green Backs’ (slang for US Dollars) are fine, but I am bringing smaller notes $1, $5, $10, $20’s. A few large notes are fine, but try to use smaller notes when you know you will be receiving change back.  I also am bringing two credit cards. I also just put on my phone -my medical insurance information, you may like paper versions - just make sure you have it in with your packing!
Not long to go!!!! Let the countdown begin!
A sneak peak at the wonderful wildlife that awaits us.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01/03/2019, 06:06 AM)TMSHARRON Wrote: I have been checking our weather. For our Panama Days it is showing 73 C / 90 F and that is with partly sunny skies!!! A little rain is predicted for March 5th. No worries- we call it liquid sunshine!!!

73c? Tad warm even for me!! Huh
If your packing your cell phones, tablets or laptops, cameras, or any item with a plug, as a reminder- pack a standard USA two pin adapter. It is the same style in Central America as it is in The States.