Central America - March 5, 2019
Packing? Tip: We need to stay hydrated and drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes just drinking plain water can feel monotonous after a while. I pack the sugar free crystal packets, or small squirt bottles to flavor the water. I picked up lemon, pink lemonade, ice tea and mixed berry! It makes downing those bottles of water a bit tastier!!!!
I got 12 sachets for $1.00 at my local Walmart!!!! I am sure Asda will have them as well as Tesco and Morrisons, Sainsburys too. They take up no space in the suitcase either!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If you don’t already know about ‘Whats App’, you need to download this application to your smartphone, so you can call home free to the U.K., using free Wi-Fi from our hotels or any open free Wi-Fi hotspot. Why pay when you can call home for free!!! Go to Google Play or the App Store and download for free today. It is easy to use, and you can call, message, send photos and more.  If you need help- just ask a friend or family member! Even the grand kids!!!!
(01/03/2019, 03:54 PM)andydurrant Wrote:
(01/03/2019, 06:06 AM)TMSHARRON Wrote: I have been checking our weather. For our Panama Days it is showing 73 C / 90 F and that is with partly sunny skies!!! A little rain is predicted for March 5th. No worries- we call it liquid sunshine!!!

73c? Tad warm even for me!! Huh

Everyone enjoys it though! And there is help of some wonderful tropical breezes! Paradise!
Make sure you have a pen in your hand luggage. You will be given a declaration form on the plane to hand in after you have collected your bag and before you exit. Don’t worry if you do not get one on the plane- they have more forms at customs and immigration and baggage. They are easy to fill out. Don’t panic- fill in the best you can, they do not really scrutinize them.

Getting excited? You should be!!!! I am!!!!
Panama’s National Flower is a beautiful white orchid. ‘Flor del Espirito Santo’. Flower of the Holy Spirit. Also known as the Holy Ghost Orchid and the Dove Orchid. Look closely inside the flower.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have a good flight. Try to get some sleep. See you in Panama!
I love Orchids! This trip sounds amazing. Will have to add to my long wish list.

Everyone have fun.

Kind regards

Jaya
Hi Jaya,
It’s Sharron, the TM- this trip is amazing and they are having a great time!!!
Hi Sharron,

I might be interested in this tour at some stage, but I'm just wondering about the situation in Nicaragua at present - has the tour followed the itinerary or have you had to make changes, given the recent violence there?  I visited Nicaragua in 2014 on the JY Costa Rica/Nicaragua tour and loved it.  Could you please encourage someone in the group to write a review for the forum when they get back?

All the best,

Bob
Hi Bob,

Our agent in Costa Rica/Nicaragua has said that the political situation has improved and we are now hoping to take customers back to Nicaragua in 2019. We have taken advice from local representatives as the FCO and ABTA generally advises us to do.

For the official situation please see the Foreign Office Country Advice - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/nicaragua

Many thanks,
Vickie