Great Eastern USA - 13 September 2019
Hi Gill,

Sharon will meet you over there Smile

Thanks,
Vickie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/12/2018, 06:12 PM)TonyC Wrote: Hi, I’ve just booked this tour today and wondered if anyone else on this forum is on the same trip? If so please come say hi, this will be my third Just You holiday, I’m a 66 yr old male.
Admin can you tell me how many are booked so far, and breakdown of genders/ages please.

Hi Tony/Gill - I'm booked on this tour and am looking forward to it so much. (Aren't we brave to travel so far on Friday 13th?) I've done lots of Just You holidays and enjoyed them all - in particular I went to Texas in 2015 and had a great time and made life long friends. I intend to do all the optional extra tours but initially wasn't sure about the whale-watching trip. I tried something similar in Iceland and all we saw was a puffin albeit a very nice one. Having checked though I now see that they have a much higher success rate so will probably give it a go. I'm looking forward to so many elements of the holiday but particularly the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - good time to go 50 years after Apollo 11. Of course to see the Statue of Liberty will be amazing - never thought that I'd see it other than on the TV.

Vickie - is anyone else travelling from Norwich Airport?

Joe
Hi Joe,

Just the one person flying from Norwich Smile

Thanks,
Vickie
(09/07/2019, 04:23 PM)Texasnavajo Wrote:
(27/12/2018, 06:12 PM)TonyC Wrote: Hi, I’ve just booked this tour today and wondered if anyone else on this forum is on the same trip? If so please come say hi, this will be my third Just You holiday, I’m a 66 yr old male.
Admin can you tell me how many are booked so far, and breakdown of genders/ages please.

Hi Tony/Gill - I'm booked on this tour and am looking forward to it so much. (Aren't we brave to travel so far on Friday 13th?) I've done lots of Just You holidays and enjoyed them all - in particular I went to Texas in 2015 and had a great time and made life long friends. I intend to do all the optional extra tours but initially wasn't sure about the whale-watching trip. I tried something similar in Iceland and all we saw was a puffin albeit a very nice one. Having checked though I now see that they have a much higher success rate so will probably give it a go. I'm looking forward to so many elements of the holiday but particularly the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - good time to go 50 years after Apollo 11. Of course to see the Statue of Liberty will be amazing - never thought that I'd see it other than on the TV.

Vickie - is anyone else travelling from Norwich Airport?

Joe
Hello Tony/Joe and Yvonne Lynn
I was in Canada in May and went on the whale watching trip and saw nothing at all. So I will be doing the WW on this trip.  I’ve done this similar tour with TS 2 years ago so I won’t be repeating some of the optional excursions.  What I am doing is the Georgetown cruise and the penitentiary tour.  These 2 were not an option for me before.  I am going to the world trade centre to take a trip to the top.  Yes Joe I too fancy doing the space museum too.  I went to the natural history museum last time just up the road. I will be travelling from South Wales on the 10th and staying over on the Bath Road.  Anyone else from Wales on this trip? Looking forward to meeting you all.
Gill
(10/07/2019, 10:40 AM)Vickie Wrote: Hi Joe,

Just the one person flying from Norwich Smile

Thanks,
Vickie

Thanks Vickie - this is the first time that I have done a two stage tour with Just You and was wondering how the system works. Once I have checked in at Norwich and dropped off my case there is it correct that I won't have to worry about it again until we reclaim baggage in the US i.e. it will automatically be transferred to the Schiphol plane. Also I gather that at Norwich Airport I should be issued with 2 boarding passes - one to get me on the flight from Norwich and another for the flight from Schiphol.  Is that correct?

Many thanks

Joe
Hi Joe,

Yep, that's correct for both queries Smile

Many thanks,
Vickie
Sharon is GREAT! She did the Florida trip in Nov 17 and I saw her , unexpectedly, in London this February! You'll be in good hands.