Christmas in Edinburgh
My name is Caroline Godfrey and I will be the Tour Manager for the Just You “Christmas in Edinburgh” holiday starting in Edinburgh on 23rd December 2018.

I would like to say “Hello” to those of you joining me for this fabulous Christmas break. 

This is a great festive break, with the opportunity to see a bit of Edinburgh as well as visiting the Royal Yacht Britannia, along with the chance to make some new friends.

I thought I would share some of my packing and travel tips for this holiday.

Clothing

As a Tour Manager I use packing cubes which I find very convenient in separating out types of clothing and keeping my suitcase in order!

As we will be in Scotland over the festive season you might want to pack something a little bit special to wear on Christmas Day. There is not any formal dress code, so it is up to you what you want to wear.  Please make sure you pack something warm and waterproof, as well as your umbrella, as we never know what the weather will be, and we are sure to spend some time outside.

Food and Drink

Breakfast is included.  Dinner is included on all four nights, as well as Christmas Lunch on Christmas Day.

Hotel

The Crown Plaza Edinburgh Royal Terrace is on a quiet tree lined street about 550 yards from Princes Street.

Medication

Please ensure that you bring enough medication for your whole stay. 

Other Tips

I look forward to meeting you at the hotel check in on Sunday.  Check in at the hotel is from 2pm.  A welcome drink of mulled wine and mince pies will be served at 4pm.

I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing those joining me on this festive break on Sunday.

Best wishes

Caroline
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply