Norway's Northern Lights & Huskies Adventure
Hi Vickie

Could you let me know if there are many people booked for the ice fishing trip and how much walking would be involved.

Thanks

Denise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thank you Vickie.
(16/01/2019, 02:04 PM)DeeJo Wrote: Hi

I'm booked on this trip on March 11th, could you please let me know whats best to pack for this trip.

Th
Dee

Hi Dee,

This is Linda, I am the Tour Manager for this tour.
It is best to have layers. I take thick tights, warm trousers, thick socks, and layers for upper body. A hat that covers your ears, gloves, and a warm, waterproof coat is the best advice I can give. 
Ensure you have footwear with grip on the soles. You may like to have crampons for extra grip.  These can be purchased in UK or in Tromso if you wish.

Don’t forget your camera and a small torch (can use a mobile fone), if you want to go exploring in the evening.

Any further questions please ask.

Look forward to meeting you next month.

Best regards,

Linda
(15/02/2019, 11:20 PM)moggypawprints Wrote:

I'm booked on this trip on March 11th, could you please let me know whats best to pack for this trip.

Th
Dee

Hi Dee,

It is best to have layers. I take thick tights, warm trousers, thick socks, and layers for upper body. A hat that covers your ears, gloves, and a warm, waterproof coat is the best advice I can give. 
Ensure you have footwear with grip on the soles. You may like to have crampons for extra grip.  These can be purchased in UK or in Tromso if you wish.

Don’t forget your camera and a small torch (can use a mobile fone), if you want to go exploring in the evening.

Best regards,

Linda

Hi Linda

Thanks for the advice, could I ask about the Ice Fishing excursion - are there many people booked to go on this and how much walking would be involved.

Thanks

Dee
Good Morning
Can you tell me if it is possible to photo the Northern Lights with an iPhone 5 or should I bring a more 'proper' camera?
Thanks
(01/03/2019, 09:55 AM)SL Devon Wrote: Good Morning
Can you tell me if it is possible to photo the Northern Lights with an iPhone 5 or should I bring a more 'proper' camera?
Thanks

Hi SL Devon

A quick search of Google brought up many results so have a look there.  The local guides are very good at changing the settings of your phone/camera if you are unsure and usually take a group photo with their camera/tripod with the lights behind and will email it to the TM.  You should take a proper camera also as I would hate for you to miss them.  

Regards
Sylvia
Thanks

Hi my camera phone a Samsung ace was useless iPhone maybe better but if you have a proper camera bring that, the guide at the camp can put your camera in the correct mode to capture the lights just ask when he comes round it's a magical experience hope you see them
(15/02/2019, 11:20 PM)moggypawprints Wrote:

Th
Dee

Hi Dee,

Best regards,

Linda
Hi Linda

any chance you could send us the pictures from the northern lights from Feb soon 
Many thanks dave
(01/03/2019, 09:23 PM)AbbaDave Wrote:
Thanks

Hi my camera phone a Samsung ace was useless iPhone maybe better but if you have a proper camera bring that, the guide at the camp can put your camera in the correct mode to capture the lights just ask when he comes round it's a magical experience hope you see them

Thank you.