Secret Slovenia
Went on this holiday in September. Highly recommend it - go before the masses find it. Laura was an excellent tour leader and the hotel is in an excellent location. The weather was lovely - not too hot and the tours were interesting and informative. The scenery is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Puts UK to shame. The group numbered 25 so we had lots of space on the coach and what wonderful drivers we had each day. Now trying to decide where to go next year!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/10/2018, 09:41 PM)JemmaJuly Wrote: Went on this holiday in September. Highly recommend it - go before the masses find it. Laura was an excellent tour leader and the hotel is in an excellent location. The weather was lovely - not too hot and the tours were interesting and informative. The scenery is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Puts UK to shame. The group numbered 25 so we had lots of space on the coach and what wonderful drivers we had each day. Now trying to decide where to go next year!

So pleased you enjoyed it.  I used to go back in old Yugoslavia days, and have very fond memories of the village.   Smile

I was due to go back this year on the 17th September departure, but due to a variety of reasons, mainly health ones, took the decision to cancel.  I hope that JY keep it on long enough so that I CAN make it back.  

How did you find the Kompas?  I've never stayed there unfortunately.
Many thanks for this.   I have had it in mind since it first appeared in the brochure but my Spring holiday is already booked so this is on my wish list for next September.

Ann
Slovenia really impressed me on the day visit to Ljubljana during the Istrian Coast tour last month. So much so I've booked Lake Bled for Christmas.
(15/10/2018, 09:21 AM)Bosuncat Wrote:
(12/10/2018, 09:41 PM)JemmaJuly Wrote: Went on this holiday in September. Highly recommend it - go before the masses find it. Laura was an excellent tour leader and the hotel is in an excellent location. The weather was lovely - not too hot and the tours were interesting and informative. The scenery is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Puts UK to shame. The group numbered 25 so we had lots of space on the coach and what wonderful drivers we had each day. Now trying to decide where to go next year!

So pleased you enjoyed it.  I used to go back in old Yugoslavia days, and have very fond memories of the village.   Smile

I was due to go back this year on the 17th September departure, but due to a variety of reasons, mainly health ones, took the decision to cancel.  I hope that JY keep it on long enough so that I CAN make it back.  

How did you find the Kompas?  I've never stayed there unfortunately.

Hotel Kompas was fine, it sits on the outskirts of the village in an ideal spot. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food more than adequate. It has a very good swimming pool and if you wish you can also use the facilities in the sister hotel.