Recommendations for packing cubes
(21/10/2018, 05:19 PM)Jaya Wrote: Hi Avocet

I will be interested to know how you get on with Eastpac.  I have never been lucky as far as luggage is concerned.  No matter what I buy, it always gets 'trashed' during the first use.  I thought Tripp was a good make, but even that suitcase did not escape the brutality of luggage handling.  I was thinking of a hard case as the next purchase, but am not sure.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Yes I will certainly let you know how I get on, think it will get a good test run so hopefully it will come through with a good report.

Regards

Avocet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/10/2018, 07:51 AM)Avocet64 Wrote:
(21/10/2018, 05:19 PM)Jaya Wrote: Hi Avocet

I will be interested to know how you get on with Eastpac.  I have never been lucky as far as luggage is concerned.  No matter what I buy, it always gets 'trashed' during the first use.  I thought Tripp was a good make, but even that suitcase did not escape the brutality of luggage handling.  I was thinking of a hard case as the next purchase, but am not sure.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Yes I will certainly let you know how I get on, think it will get a good test run so hopefully it will come through with a good report.

Regards

Avocet

Hi Jaya

I don't know if you have purchased a new suitcase yet but I can now give my verdict of my Eastpac.

I think it is fair to say that this has probably got to be the best case I have ever bought over the years, it really went through the mill of the rough and tumble of baggage handling almost unscathed.  Apart from being a bit grubby, on examination, the only damage I can see is a small split in the material in one corner which can easily be repaired to prevent it going any further.

I bought the medium size which was just adequate for my needs as, apart from anything else, it made me cut
back on how much I put in it, and to be honest I managed quite nicely with what I took as I washed a few things out as I went along.  I would maybe have liked it to be slightly bigger so I could have off loaded some of my hand luggage coming back.  I shall be watching the sales to buy the large size now as they have compression straps to bring them down in size, I think it will be nice to have the choice of having a bit more room if I want. I personally feel that for me it was money well spent.  Hope you have success with whatever you decide to buy.

Happy holidays

Avocet
Thanks Avocet for your review. I have not yet decided what to get. I like the idea of a four/eight wheeler as they are easier than 2 wheeler - I have a 24 inch suitcase which is a 4 wheeler and I find it very easy to use. I am also thinking of a lightweight hard case - have read reviews on Eminent Move Air which came top in sturdiness. Might go for it.

Regards

Jaya
Travel cubes are just brilliant. I travel several times a year and use them every time. Especially useful when on touring trips with one, two or three overnight stays, they save rummaging through the whole suitcase to find the item you want. Mine were a pack of 6 in varying sizes and were fairly cheap but no problems with them so far. Bought some for a friend who also travels frequently and she loves them.