Recommendations for packing cubes
After reading all your comments I've bought some eBags for my trip to Canada in September - they do look good quality.

I'll let you know how I get on with them, never used packing cubes before but we will be moving around a lot so they should be useful.

Rose
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I have 2 small, 2 medium and 2 large cubes.I use a small one for non-prescription medication, plug adaptors and cables.  If need be i use the other one for sun screen, midge deterent, hand gel, etc.  Bought from Amazon, mid-price, and have lasted well for 7 years now and still going strong.

Sylvia
I bought cheap ones from Amazon but have to say they have done the job perfectly well.  I roll my clothes and filled the cubes fairly full - the zips didn't break and my clothes were relatively crease free, especially after a quick hang in the wardrobe.  They are useful if touring and staying in different hotels as you can see what you need without rummaging through your suitcase.  You can be extra organised if you want and put shirts/t shirts in one, trousers in another, etc.  I found them wonderful and was able to pack much more.
Hi,

I have been using packing cubes for many years now! Amazon ones are fine, but if you really want good quality I'd recommend Eagle Creek. I've got them in various sizes, the medium ones being the most used, for t-shirts, underwear etc., and the large one for trousers etc. The smaller one I use for chargers, connectors etc.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Hils
Packing cubes are wonderful. I have been using them for years. On touring holidays I also plan what to wear each day and this way I do not have to take all the packing cubes out - of course, there are times when I change my mind! Reading the post about a suitcase which zips in the middle has made me to look out for one as I have not seen them. I will need a new suitcase soon as mine always gets battered the first time I use them no matter which brand I buy.

Regards

Jaya
Packing Cubes bags are brilliant. They are so good when your only staying in hotels maybe one or two nights, They especially came into their own on one particular occasion. I was on the India trip and our luggage had to be out of our room the evening before we went to bed. We had an early morning train journey. I am very careful with making sure any important medication is always with me, but at 4am I suddenly needed Imodium..!, .say no more. As I was fine before going to bed. Guess what I'd packed it away. So I had to get out tour guide out of bed. She then had to retrieve my case from storage. She arrived with my case, on opening it there was all my lovely packing cubes neatly placed in my case with a small one especially filled with all my medical bits including Imodium, right to hand. If I hadn't used cubes I would have had to root through clothes etc with I really wasn't in the state to do anyway. They are fantastic for traveling especially if your not staying in one place for more than a couple of nights.
As promised my report on my packing cubes - they were great!
I could just lift them out, take what I wanted and put them back, with moving for hotel to hotel after 1 or 2 nights (Canada and teh Rocky Mountaineer) it worked a treat!
I'll certainly use them on all future trips.
Rose
There is a huge array and choice but all are a similar size. TBH they are reasonably cheap and do the same thing. I like the ones with a cotton base, mesh sides to let the air in and plastic see through top. I do a lot of tours with lots of hotels and they make life so much easier. I bought 2 sets of three and use them as needed. I wouldn't be without them
I mentioned these to my daughter and she bought me a pack of three different sizes for my birthday, I have never used them before and don't know anyone who has ever heard of them.  Can anyone please advise me, do you roll or fold your items of clothing into these, what is the best way to avoid everything getting screwed-up? I usually lay everything flat in my suitcase but it's a real pain having to delve around looking for something when you are touring, I'm hoping these may solve the problem.

Avocet
(02/10/2018, 05:36 PM)Jaya Wrote: Packing cubes are wonderful.  I have been using them for years.  On touring holidays I also plan what to wear each day and this way I do not have to take all the packing cubes out - of course, there are times when I change my mind!  Reading the post about a suitcase which zips in the middle has made me to look out for one as I have not seen them.  I will need a new suitcase soon as mine always gets battered the first time I use them no matter which brand I buy.

Regards

Jaya

Jaya I bought an Eastpak suitcase some years ago on the recommendation of another traveller.  They are not cheap but if you aren't fussed about colours you can get good deals sometimes on their outlet website.  Their customer service is excellent. I've now used the case on 12 plus tours and apart from being a little dirty the case is as good as ever.  They are very heavy duty canvas so squashy but the wheels/handles are the sturdiest I've seen.  They might not work with packing cubes though as the half and half zip arrangement makes the two halves shallow.  Look on the website they have good pictures as to how they work.  The mid size is perfect for a 20-23kg luggage limit.  Good luck with your search.