Americas Western Wonders Sept '18
I've booked for this trip, flying from Heathrow, and wondered if there is anyone out there who had also booked.  Also is it better to book excursions before you go or do them on the trip? I suppose you have to take the chance that they don't sell out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow. I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel. I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards
Sylvia
(07/06/2018, 03:16 PM)SylviaJ Wrote: Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow.  I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel.  I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards
Sylvia

Yes I've got mine.  I'm just a bit confused about the Grand Canyon.  If we do a flight does that mean we have no time to walk along it.  I'll have to make a call to HQ!
(07/06/2018, 03:16 PM)SylviaJ Wrote: Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow.  I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel.  I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards
Sylvia

Yes I've got mine.  I'm just a bit confused about the Grand Canyon.  If we do a flight does that mean we have no time to walk along it.  I'll have to make a call to HQ!
Hi Elaine

From looking at the itinerary, we get a day in Grand Canyon - day 6. Of the optional excursions the Tribal Spirit offers a helicopter ride down to the canyon and land where you have various attractions to visit. The whole excursion is for 7 hours so plenty of time I would have thought. Not sure if this is on the same day 6? The other Grand Canyon flights are just that, no landing!

I've seen the Grand Canyon before and taken a flight over it during the National Parks holiday last year.

I hope this helps....

Regards
Sylvia
(08/06/2018, 11:07 AM)SylviaJ Wrote: Hi Elaine

From looking at the itinerary, we get a day in Grand Canyon - day 6.  Of the optional excursions the Tribal Spirit offers a helicopter ride down to the canyon and land where you have various attractions to visit.  The whole excursion is for 7 hours so plenty of time I would have thought.  Not sure if this is on the same day 6?  The other Grand Canyon flights are just that, no landing!

I've seen the Grand Canyon before and taken a flight over it during the National Parks holiday last year.

I hope this helps....

Regards

Sylvia

Hi ladies,
the time to walk along the rim is while you are in Flagstone, the excursion into the canyon is from Vegas later, so you can do both.  I have just come back from this tour, and 7 of us did this optional- everyone thought it was absolutely “awesome”. If you can afford it, just do it - it’s a once in a lifetime thing!
This tour is a really good one, and if you get Kim as TM, you’re in luck.  One warning; if you have a bad back, the off road red rocks trip in Sedona may not be for you - it is seriously bumpy!
Any queries, come back.
Ray
(06/06/2018, 05:31 PM)ElaineB Wrote: I've booked for this trip, flying from Heathrow, and wondered if there is anyone out there who had also booked.  Also is it better to book excursions before you go or do them on the trip? I suppose you have to take the chance that they don't sell out.

Hi Elaine
I’ve also booked on this trip and staying the night before at Heathrow Premier Inn. Will book excursions when I pay the balance.
Chris@123
(06/06/2018, 05:31 PM)ElaineB Wrote: I've booked for this trip, flying from Heathrow, and wondered if there is anyone out there who had also booked.  Also is it better to book excursions before you go or do them on the trip? I suppose you have to take the chance that they don't sell out.

Hi Elaine
I’ve also booked on this trip and staying the night before at Heathrow Premier Inn. Will book excursions when I pay the balance.
Thanks everyone for your advice.  It seems it's wise to book beforehand and thank you regarding the Red Rocks trip!
Hello 
I'm also booked on this trip and it's my first JY holiday so it's great to get some tips from other users. I will take advice and also book the excursions before I travel. See you at Heathrow!
Ruth