Roof of the World September
Hi Julia

As we are now getting nearer to this holiday, I would be grateful if you could please advise how many people are on this trip?
How many people are flying from Heathrow?
Who the Tour Manager is  and is he/she flying out with us from LHR?
I hope that the TM is travelling out with us because I am a little concerned that we only have one and half hours transfer time at Schiphol and that there have been delays at European airports,one of the worst being Schiphol,at Passport control.
I am sure though even if the TM isn't with us we will be fine.

Thanks in advance!
best wishes
Di
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Good Afternoon Dina,

There are currently 9 travellers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 2 men and 7 women. The age ranges from early-30s to late-70s.
There are 6 travellers flying out from London Heathrow airport.

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Jennifer Whalley and she will be flying out with you from London Heathrow.

Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

Kind Regards,
Mildred
(02/08/2017, 06:46 PM)Dina Wrote: Hi Julia

As we are now getting nearer to this holiday, I would be grateful if you could please advise how many people are on this trip?
How many people are flying from Heathrow?
Who the Tour Manager is  and is he/she flying out with us from LHR?
I hope that the TM is travelling out with us because I am a little concerned that we only have one and half hours transfer time at Schiphol and that there have been delays at European airports,one of the worst being Schiphol,at Passport control.
I am sure though even if the TM isn't with us we will be fine.

Thanks in advance!
best wishes
Di

Di

I shouldn't worry too much: the queues at AMS for passport and baggage checks into and out of the Schengen area used to be horrendous but, last time I went through (last December from Cardiff), I was surprised at how much the situation had improved, with a rationalisation of the baggage checks and the introduction of e-passport gates (at least when leaving the Schengen area, probably in both directions by now?). The passport control was still manual when I last went through, but at least all the booths were (wo)manned, so it wasn't too bad. There may be a long walk to the gate though. I had 55 minutes to catch my second flight, and made it without any problem.

If my experience is anything to go by, 90 minutes should be more than enough if your first flight lands on time. If it doesn't  then, as I recall, they had introduced a 'fast lane' for the Schengen exit for passengers whose flights were delayed, and I imagine they have one for Schengen entry as well.

Of course, things may have worsened again - but I went into and out of Munich airport in May, into Keflavik and out through Copenhagen in June/July, and into/out of Munich again in July, and had no delays at passport control, so it can't be bad everywhere in Europe.

Jim
Wow only nine travellers! It will be a nice cosy group. Hope you have a wonderful time. Am looking forward to reading all about it on your return.

Best wishes

Jaya
Good afternoon Mildred

Thank you very much for your swift response.
 Your reply has made me think though, I am wondering if a few have cancelled because I feel fairly certain that there were 13 on this trip last time I enquired through Customer services.
Now that my suitcase pharmacy is arranged for the tour and knowing that we will have a TM travelling with us I am getting quite excited about seeing pandas, prayer wheels and stunning scenery etc.

Kind regards
Di
Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated, had seen an article in the Metro on Wednesday about 4 hour queues at European airports including Schiphol to go through passport control. The school holidays don't help.
Am reassured now that hour and half should be plenty of time at Schiphol (we did transfer there when we went to Peru).
Am also pleased that the TM is travelling out with us.
Enjoy your next trip, hoping you have loads of photo opportunities.

Best wishes
Di
Hi Mildred

Sorry to bother you again.
You wrote that there are 9 on this tour, but just thinking are there a few more that are doing the tour plus the add-on?

Kind regards
Di
Hi Jaya

Nice to hear from you, yes, it certainly will be a little group.
No matter how many are going it should be fun, well perhaps not fun, interesting.
I shall look forward to hearing about Kenya,too, when you return from there. I still hanker about going back there, along with India, it still remains as one of my two favourite countries.
Now I have Chile and Easter Island booked, I would be grateful if you could get you bank robbery group planned.

best wishes
Di
(04/08/2017, 01:54 PM)Dina Wrote: Hi Mildred

Sorry to bother you again.
You wrote that there are 9 on this tour, but just thinking are there a few more that are doing the tour plus the add-on?

Kind regards
Di

Good Afternoon Dina,

I hope you are having a great day so far.

From my records, I don't see anyone booked on the add on yet but the main tour is now fully booked with 14 travellers.

Kind Regards,
Mildred
Hello Mildred

Thank you for your information, much appreciated.

Have a good day (presumably you will be moderating this on Monday)

Kind regards
Di