Uzbekistan and The Great Silk Road
Yes . Saga are offering Uzbekistan as one of their list of singles holidays for solo travellers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Keith
I'm Peter Clarke - author of Peter's Pocket Guides. Many thanks for your kind words about my book and for providing a link to Amazon. I hope it was useful for your trip.

You may not be aware that I have also written and published an e-book called "Historic Treasures of Uzbekistan: Journey of Discovery along the Silk Road. This gives some history behind what I saw alongside some anecdotal stuff about what went on on the trip.
Here's a link to my website from where you can link direct to Amazon or Apple:
http://www.peterspocketguides.co.uk/publications 

Like you, I was blown away by what I saw and felt I had to put pen to paper.

Regards
Peter
Hi Keith

What a great comprehensive review. Thank you. This trip was on my list and I do hope Just You will bring it back in a couple of years' time. If not, I will be so disappointed as I really want to do this trip as it is so different from all the other holidays on offer. I am glad you enjoyed the trip. If Just You do not bring it back, then I may have to try SAGA, but I rather not!

Jaya
Hi Keith
Great review of what was a fabulous trip for me back in 2012.
I'm the author of Peter's Pocket Guides and many thanks for your kind words. The link you provide is not the one for the book to which you refer. That's called Historic Treasures of Uzbekistan which I wrote upon my return and published as a e-book.
I'm pleased to be able to say that the paperback edition is now available through Amazon - amzn.to/2hACoU4 

Kind regards
Peter
(20/10/2016, 12:32 PM)jonah Wrote: Brilliant review Keith.  Thanks for posting, this was on my wish list so very sad it has been retired even if only temporarily.

Thank you jonah
(22/10/2016, 04:12 PM)pclarke789 Wrote: Hi Keith
I'm Peter Clarke - author of Peter's Pocket Guides. Many thanks for your kind words about my book and for providing a link to Amazon. I hope it was useful for your trip.

You may not be aware that I have also written and published an e-book called "Historic Treasures of Uzbekistan: Journey of Discovery along the Silk Road. This gives some history behind what I saw alongside some anecdotal stuff about what went on on the trip.
Here's a link to my website from where you can link direct to Amazon or Apple:
http://www.peterspocketguides.co.uk/publications 

Like you, I was blown away by what I saw and felt I had to put pen to paper.

Regards
Peter
Thank you Peter, and i did find your book very useful and informative. I particularly l;ike your reference to the Vodka andIm sure it kept me free of the dreaded tummy problems
Hi Vickie

Are there any plans to re launch this holiday or anything in the region i.e Kazakhstan or Turkmenistan?

Regards
Hi Jonah,

There are no plans at the moment, but it is on the team's radar to keep an eye out for potential trips, so watch this space.

Thanks,
Vickie
Gosh what an interesting read! I do love a full review, thank you! Although this trip wasn't of interest to me before reading I guess it is now.