Group sizes etc
I agree with Steve. If a person feels more comfortable in a larger group (or a smaller one) then as a customer we are entitled to know the number going. To actually turn up for a holiday and be disappointed is awful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi,

I'd be grateful if you could explain exactly why you are withdrawing this information? Some of us have to book internal flights/airport hotels/airport car parking etc, and therefore need to constantly check the numbers of our booked holiday, to ensure that there are sufficient numbers for the holiday to be given the green light. In order to get the best possible rates, we need to book as early as possible - I have been looking at hotel rates for March of next year, and the rates are going up daily! I'm not that bothered about Male/Female split or ages, but numbers matter!

Cheers,
Hils
(21/09/2016, 12:33 PM)stevep1 Wrote: Hi Julia
[...] I feel the decision not to tell people the group information is a bad one [...]

Perhaps it was based on JY not wanting to raise expectations, but then the stats change through further bookings or cancellations? Just sayin'  :-)

Best wishes
Sam
(21/09/2016, 05:14 PM)evelynj Wrote:
(21/09/2016, 03:18 PM)Moderator2 Wrote: Hi Steve,

We are still able to tell you the age ranges on any holiday as we are aware that this is a big factor. We are just unable to share how many people are booked on a specific tour.

Kind Regards,
Mildred.

Hi Mildred

I have seen the announcement regarding this but Just You have not explained why you can no longer provide this information. This is not good communication.

Perhaps you can explain.  Does this also mean you will no longer put on the website how many places left on a holiday?

Regards

Eve

Hi Eve,

As far as I know, there has been no change to the websites functionality so I don't think there will be any changes as to what is displayed on the website. That might change but I don't have that information yet.

Kind Regards,
Mildred.
(21/09/2016, 06:20 PM)Rose1999 Wrote: I know it's not your decision Mildred, but I just wondered what the rationale behind this is?  

I can't see the harm in saying how many people in total are going, some of us prefer a big group and some a small group, others just want an idea of numbers so they can tell if the trip will be going ahead.  

Maybe we could be told just the total number, not the breakdown of M/F, for me the number of people who will be on a trip is more important to me than their gender or ages as I know that if they're on the trip they will likely have the same interest as me whatever their age or gender.

Can JY reconsider this policy? As I said, I know it's nothing of your doing Mildred (or the other Mods) but could you put it to them please, it's a decision that's been made without any reference to the customers and their wishes.

Thanks
Rose x
Good Morning Rose,

I understand that this is a very frustrating change but I can assure you that we will all be monitoring all your posts regarding this change very closely.

Kind Regards,
Mildred
(21/09/2016, 06:15 PM)SarahS Wrote: The number of people already booked on a tour is a very useful indicator of whether or not it will get the green light. I would be really upset  if i  booked and then found the tour wasn't going ahead. Conversely, I have often been spurred on to book by hearing only a few  places remain.

Good Morning SarahS,

If you request it, I will be able to tell you if a specific tour has been given the green light.

Kind Regards,
Mildred.
Hi Mildred,

As you no doubt saw from my other post I agree with all the above comments.  Regarding what you said to Eve about the website, I've been keeping a close eye on the Chile tour as I'm booked on it for next year.  When the new website was launched, it used to indicate the number of available spaces once it dropped below 15.  However, the availability on the March date for the Chile tour has been showing as "available" until a couple of days ago and it suddenly changed to "sold out" - so it looks like the functionality of this has been disabled.  Perhaps someone could look into this as it was a most helpful feature for the reasons others have already mentioned.

Best wishes,

Bob
Hi

my input is that some chief wig sat upstairs fiddling with their brains as to what changes i can come up with this month, just like with any business really, it doesn't really bother me how many are on a tour just that it isn't going to be cancelled, as JY see it people are reluctant to book tours with hardly any bookings so i do see where JY are coming from as someone has to be the first, second, third booking etc, it's a little like when you go out in an evening and poke your head in pub windows then bypass that paticular pub or bar when you see it almost empty so a lot of pubs blank out the bottom half of windows to combat this

it's not your fault Mildred your just following what you've been told to tell us, a case of 'don't shoot the messenger'
maybe JY would just like to replace this with a green light or a red light besides each booking page, just a thought from me

regards

Dave
(22/09/2016, 10:18 AM)Moderator2 Wrote:
(21/09/2016, 06:15 PM)SarahS Wrote: The number of people already booked on a tour is a very useful indicator of whether or not it will get the green light. I would be really upset  if i  booked and then found the tour wasn't going ahead. Conversely, I have often been spurred on to book by hearing only a few  places remain.

Good Morning SarahS,

If you request it, I will be able to tell you if a specific tour has been given the green light.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Does the new policy include TS holidays too.  As a single traveller I often use them. I'm not particularly bothered about being the only single on a trip but would have asked the question how many in total are on a particular TS trip.
Gill
JY is my preferred tour operator, but if maximum group numbers cannot be disclosed at time of booking I will have to rethink. At this point in time, other operators are happy to provide this information.