New brochure
Hi Julia,
I have received my new brochure and as many others have said I too am disappointed that there are no holidays leaving from my local airport (Leeds). And as there a many people north of Watford who would love to go on your tours, may I make a suggestion that you introduce VIP Travel from the travellers home to either Heathrow or Gatwick for long haul flights like SAGA and TITAN and others do as this would help enormously.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Good Afternoon Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is very much appreciated.

You should know that we always take into consideration all of your suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Mildred.
Mine still hasn't arrived, I've been on the website now and ordered myself one, I know you kindly ordered one (if not two) for me Mildred but goodness knows where they are going!

Fingers crossed I'll receive one sometime soon, in the meantime I've taken the plunge and booked 2 trips for next year, but it's still nice to look through the brochure for ideas of what to put on my wish list and also to remind myself of what I've booked and look forward to it!

Kind regards
Rose
(19/09/2016, 10:58 AM)stevep1 Wrote: Hi Julia,
I have received my new brochure and as many others have said I too am disappointed that there are no holidays leaving from my local airport (Leeds). And as there a many people north of Watford who would love to go on your tours, may I make a suggestion that you introduce VIP Travel from the travellers home to either Heathrow or Gatwick for long haul flights like SAGA and TITAN and others do as this would help enormously.

Steve

I agree Steve, this would be very useful.
Regards
Rose
(22/09/2016, 01:36 PM)Rose1999 Wrote:
(19/09/2016, 10:58 AM)stevep1 Wrote: Hi Julia,

Steve

I agree Steve, this would be very useful.
Regards
Rose
Thanks Steve for highlighting this,  i enjoy JY holidays, however due to the convenience of other companies doing a door to door service at no extra cost, I now look at what these other companies.  
Regards
Rosie9
(22/09/2016, 12:07 PM)Moderator2 Wrote: Good Afternoon Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is very much appreciated.

You should know that we always take into consideration all of your suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Mildred.

Hello Mildred

I have used TITAN's airport-to-home service several times, and very nice it was too! Especially for the return journey, after a 12-14 hour long-haul flight, with London  more than 20degC colder than the holiday country, early in the morning or late at night, and raining . . .

There seem to be two issues here: VIP home transfers - ie door-to-door motor transport from home to airport - and free connecting flights.

For the VIP home transfers, TITAN and SAGA use a fleet of shared minibuses owned by their parent company so presumably enjoy economies of scale. Even so, I doubt whether this is free, but rather factored into the cost of the holiday

JY appears to be already alert to this, as it recently sent out a leaflet "Travel in style with our chauffeur service"  advertising the services of Tristar, which uses Mercs, apparently one for each customer rather than shared, so is very nice but quite expensive for a solo traveller.

TITAN appears to offer "free" connecting flights from regional airports (including Leeds and Dublin) to London but these are "subject to availability", otherwise "a flight supplement may apply"

If the service is not free, then having the cost already included in the holiday price makes it psychologically more acceptable (one can't see it!) - but those not requiring the service may object . . .

Jim