Subscribing to threads
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but I'm not sure where else to ask.

I have subscribed to several threads that are of particular interest to me and, according to the list in my profile I should get instant email notifications, but I haven't received any.  I have checked back on those threads and at least one had 2 replies to a question I'd posted but I had not received an email.

I have checked that the email address I supplied is correct and I've checked my spam folder but there are no emails. Any suggestions - or have I misunderstood what subscribing to a thread is?

Rose (newbie, although that's probably obvious!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Rose,

Yes- this is posted in the right section.

If you have subscribed to a thread and requested email notification, as far as I am aware, you should be receiving notifications. We had an update a few months ago and still finding the occasional bug, leave it with me - I will speak to one of our techie guys who may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Kindest regards

Julia
Hi in my six years using the forum I have ALWAYS found it very hit and miss whether I get email notifications or not - on all threads that I post on, the default setting is to subscribe and receive email notifications of new replies but this only happens on a few threads.  It doesn't happen consistently or even on threads I've posted necessarily.  So unfortunately I never rely on this and just check the forum regularly to see if there are new posts on the threads I'm interested in.

Best wishes,

Bob
(21/06/2016, 09:19 AM)Julia Wrote: Hi Rose,

Yes- this is posted in the right section.

If you have subscribed to a thread and requested email notification, as far as I am aware, you should be receiving notifications. We had an update a few months ago and still finding the occasional bug, leave it with me - I will speak to one of our techie guys who may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Kindest regards

Julia

Thanks for replying so quickly Julia, good to know I'd posted in the right place.  Strangely enough I did get an email alerting me to your reply, but I haven't had any for the other threads (and there have been replies).

I have double checked and I have the same 'subscribe and receive email notification of new replies' for all the threads exactly as I have for this one.  It's a mystery!

Best wishes
Rose
Rose

I never subscribe to notifications, like Bob I just keep an eye on the threads that are of interest to me...welcome to the world of JY travelling, I hope you find us a friendly bunch, between us all we have a vast knowledge so any questions just ask...

Cindy
I have to say in all the years I used the forum and subscribed to threads, I have never received an email notification. Earlier this year, I tried changing my profile to use a different email address to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. Also checked spam folders.
Hi Cindy

I think yours and Bob's way is best, the only notification I've had is when Julia replied above!

Thank you for your welcome, I have found everyone to be very helpful, friendly and welcoming and I'm looking forward to my travels with JY. This forum is a lovely idea as it really does help to make me feel part of it all and it's good to know I have others to ask for help or advice.

Thank you everyone for your kind help, I hope our paths may cross some day xxx
I find the "new posts" and  "today's  posts" options  really useful. It saves having to scroll  through the whole site.