Burma February 2017
(10/03/2016, 12:48 PM)SarahS Wrote: I'm very close to booking for  February 2017 decisions decisions.....Do we need visas for Burma?

Thank you for your reply. If JY obtain my visa, will it be an electronic  one, and group  or individual?  Finally,  would you need my passport,  and for how long?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi everyone,
I booked this holiday with the add-on yesterday.....only a few places left now.

Sorry Sally and Bob, I'm not stalking you around the world.....honest!!

Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike,

Looking forward to seeing you again - in Borneo and then in Burma...I do believe you honestly!!  They should be two brilliant tours and I'm very much looking forward to them both.  Roger has also booked Burma, so it will be great to see him again then.

Cheers,

Bob
Hi Sarah,

The visa will not be digital, so it will be put in your passport and will be individual. This means that we will send your passport off to the Embassy in London which takes around 21 days, depending on when we catch the post. However, visas are only valid for 3 months so we can’t apply for the visa until 3 months after the return date of the holiday, otherwise it would not be valid for the trip.

I hope this makes sense.

Kindest regards,
Monty
Hi Monty, as I live in Ireland I will probably be getting my own visa (JY are to get back to me about this) but I just wanted to check with you - I thought the visa was valid for entry into Burma for three months after issuing and it didn't matter if the three month period expired while there?  This will affect when I apply for it.  So could you please check this out for me?  I'm not explaining myself very well but what I'm really asking is that does the date of issue have to be less than three months before my return date?  If so, I'll have to wait until the beginning of January to apply - this should still give me enough time as Trailfinders in Ireland say to allow three weeks as well.  However if all that is needed is for me to enter Burma within three months of issue, then I'd apply at the beginning of December and get it sorted before the inevitable Christmas delay.  I really hope you see what I'm trying to say?!!

Many thanks,

Bob

PS Typing this post was made a lot more difficult because there is currently a time delay between what I type and it appearing on the screen!  I noticed this the other day when I was typing the Mexico review but haven't seen it since - I wonder has anyone else had this problem?
Hi all,

Only four places left on the main tour now! Not sure how many are left for the add-on.  Glad I booked when I did - last Friday there were 10 places left!

Cheers,

Bob
Thank you. Did you mean  "before" the  trip?
Mike
Don't worry - the restraining order only kicks in on our sixth holiday together so you're fine for now!
Sally
I've  just booked with add  on for February 2017   subject  to   availability  of    flight upgrades.
(11/03/2016, 05:02 PM)sallyc Wrote: Mike
Don't worry - the restraining order only kicks in on our sixth holiday together so you're fine for now!
Sally

Ha Ha, That's very good Sally - I guess that I deserved that!

Cheers
Mike