India Visa
I got my paperwork yesterday and Just You can arrange the visa, so I am going for the lazy option as I always worry that I will get something wrong and get to imigration and have a problem, but thanks for the link Lesley

Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/09/2015, 10:12 PM)TimH Wrote: I got my paperwork yesterday and Just You can arrange the visa, so I am going for the lazy option as I always worry that I will get something wrong and get to imigration and have a problem, but thanks for the link Lesley

Tim

Oh Tim
let me know how you get on re Visa and holiday, I'm going in Feb, You cant do an E-visa until 5 weeks before you go, so like you I might go for the lazy option. Thumbs Up
Hi Princi

I will definitely let you know how I got on with e-Visa. It is fairly straightforward process. I tried a week ago but it was too soon to apply for my November Kerala Trip. I need to get the photo sorted out before I apply. Have not had a chance to go to Luton Town to find out if anyone can help. But googled Jessops and there is one in Milton Keynes so if all else fails, I will have to go to Milton Keynes. The cost is $60 plus $2 fee I think - Just You are charging £80.

Jaya

Jaya
(11/09/2015, 04:48 PM)Jaya Wrote: Hi Princi

I will definitely let you know how I got on with e-Visa. It is fairly straightforward process. I tried a week ago but it was too soon to apply for my November Kerala Trip. I need to get the photo sorted out before I apply. Have not had a chance to go to Luton Town to find out if anyone can help. But googled Jessops and there is one in Milton Keynes so if all else fails, I will have to go to Milton Keynes. The cost is $60 plus $2 fee I think - Just You are charging £80.

Jaya

Jaya

Jaya, I was looking into the annoying photos thing for the Evisa.
which one can only do 5 weeks in advance .

Do you have a scanner copier at work you can use. Our machine allows one to scan a photo it comes through as a PDF.
There is a lovely piece of softwear called "Snip it" this enables you to cut an item from a page and then save it as a JPEG. Whihc you could then upload to to the application.
Might be worth a try and save you a few pennies.

Alex
Hi Alex

I have a scanner at home, but it is not very good. I used to have a lovely scanner at work which saved photos exactly as the original, but now I scan using a photocopier and it is not so great. I will go to the town to have the photo taken once I am back from my Battlefields trip next week. I still have some time so hopefully will find someone who can take the photo for the visa. Can't understand why they need the exact dimensions!

Jaya
(17/09/2015, 09:38 PM)Jaya Wrote: Hi Alex

I have a scanner at home, but it is not very good. I used to have a lovely scanner at work which saved photos exactly as the original, but now I scan using a photocopier and it is not so great. I will go to the town to have the photo taken once I am back from my Battlefields trip next week. I still have some time so hopefully will find someone who can take the photo for the visa. Can't understand why they need the exact dimensions!

Jaya

Because it's India???
Hi Jaya, it may sound strange but look out for 'passport photos here' signs. My local shoe repairers had one outside his shop. I popped in and asked about Indian visits size photos and bingo! His machine was programmed for all vista sizes - India is not the only one it seems. He is also able to move the photo so you have the face just where it is meant to be - India vista photo have to have a certain gap at the bottom and the top of the face.
I will be interested to hear if having an e-visa causes hold ups at the other end.
Have a wonderful trip.
Jean
Hi Jean

Thanks for the tip. I will find somewhere in Luton where it says 'passport photos here'. I guess if they offer passport photos then they would be familiar with all types of odd requests form different countries. Am planning to go to the town sometime next week.

Jaya
Hi Jaya

I got my visa photo in my local shoe repair shop (Timpson). Not sure if you have a branch in Luton.

I am off to Kerala on Thursday. Will let you know how it goes.

Not doing the Borneo trip but may join you in South Africa next year!

Lesley
Jaya
A quick google search shows that the Boots store in The Mall Luton has a passport photo booth.
Good luck
Sally